Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #8411 
soady

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
Right?! xD

Still, PLEASE teach me how to make that divider!
Hey, if you guys were referring to my picture, it's easy to divide them like this.

Just get two bamboo plants (or cut one in half like I did) and envelop a suitable net around the bamboo stem. I tied the net on one of them, and for the other, I had some extra net length so I just wrapped it around it a few times. My tank has two half inch glasses on both sides of the center of the tank in which a glass can be inserted (for completely dividing two sides). I tied my bamboo to the aquarium on top and at the bottom I just firmly stuck it into the gravel. Just make sure that there is no space between the bamboo and the tank glass. They try to go through the net (my male poked his nose through one whole at a time as if he would find a whole big enough to get through) After they realize that there ARE NOT any spaces through which they would go through, they will start trying and occasionally meet at the net to communicate, flare etc.

And yeah, the neon tetras would show up randomly on each side, most times all together so they use the full tank size.

P.S. Don't forget to thread a thin stick through the top of the net to keep it secure.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by soady; 02-23-2013 at 07:00 AM.
soady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #8412 
FishyFishy89

I'm sure you didn't have to throw out your tank because it was snail invested. Just take out the decor, toss the substrate and remove what snails are still lingering in the empty tank.
Even just setting it outside for a day(empty) will get rid of your snails.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #8413 
Jennuhrrific

I know I probably didn't need to get rid of everything but the fact that the water was all green and then I had nematodes, I just wouldn't be able to relax if I didn't get all new stuff. I was so disgusted by it that I didn't want to keep anything.
Jennuhrrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #8414 
Kiara1125

I didn't like pond snails, now I don't mind having them. My fish are starting to eat them, so I'm always sucking shells out of the gravel during water changes. I must say, I prefer MTS and ramshorns over pond snails.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #8415 
MiyuMikaelson

My 5G tank for Niklaus.
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #8416 
Sharktagger07

Turk and his 5 gallon

Here we have turk and his 5 gallon. I am setting up a 10 gallon planted tank this weekend and he won't move into that for a while considering I want to manage the levels for a bit.
Attached Images

Sharktagger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #8417 
IndigoBetta

Indigo (Indy) the blue crown tail

Don't laugh at the Nemo theme, my 2 year old picked it out We have a blue crown tail betta named Indigo aka Indy, 2 african dwarf frogs and 3 ghost shrimp.
Attached Images

IndigoBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #8418 
MiyuMikaelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBetta View Post
Don't laugh at the Nemo theme, my 2 year old picked it out We have a blue crown tail betta named Indigo aka Indy, 2 african dwarf frogs and 3 ghost shrimp.
I think the Nemo theme is adorable. Certainly 2 year old friendly.
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #8419 
royal

Cool tank! Question, why is there a mixer thing in the top right hand corner of your tank? Just curious
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #8420 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyuMikaelson View Post

My 5G tank for Niklaus.
Very nice! What are the plants in there?
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank