Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #8421 
MiyuMikaelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
Very nice! What are the plants in there?
Mostly Silk! I tried living plants; and I do not at all have a green thumb. The only living one in there is Java Moss on a vine.
C:

But the fake plants are:
Bacopa, Forest Vine and Anubias.
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #8422 
IndigoBetta

I actually took the purple mixer thing out, it gives you the option to put larger pellets of food in and allow the fish to take small bites. The real cool thing is that part that sticks out (I call it the tower) is magnified so when the fish or frogs come up to eat you can see them up close!
IndigoBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #8423 
royal

That is so cool!
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #8424 
IndigoBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyuMikaelson View Post
I think the Nemo theme is adorable. Certainly 2 year old friendly.
Thanks! I was looking at getting a betta and my daughter saw the tank, took it off the shelf and ran with it :) There was no saying no after that!
IndigoBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #8425 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Mostly Silk! I tried living plants; and I do not at all have a green thumb. The only living one in there is Java Moss on a vine.
C:

But the fake plants are:
Bacopa, Forest Vine and Anubias.
Wow! I have live bacopa and that stuff is worse then java moss when it comes to growing. xD it grows so quickly, but it's very pretty. I think I might get some love anubias, but I'm not sure what type yet ...
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #8426 
Hadoken Kitty

setting up my 20gal. Whew, this seems to take forever! So much work with the live plants! Thank goodness I'm not doing a planted 100 gal...I think I'd cry...almost done, though! Will post pics when I finish!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #8427 
MiyuMikaelson

Quote:
Wow! I have live bacopa and that stuff is worse then java moss when it comes to growing. xD it grows so quickly, but it's very pretty. I think I might get some love anubias, but I'm not sure what type yet ...
I let my friend have my living Bacopa before she left. /all my feels. It was probably the best growing plant I had.

Wisteria wilted in my tank and so did Anacharis. *shows off my obviously not green thumb*

Anubias in any form is super pretty, for sure I'd put it in my tank if I had the capability to grow proper plants.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #8428 
Kiara1125

Quote:
I let my friend have my living Bacopa before she left. /all my feels. It was probably the best growing plant I had.

Wisteria wilted in my tank and so did Anacharis. *shows off my obviously not green thumb*

Anubias in any form is super pretty, for sure I'd put it in my tank if I had the capability to grow proper plants.
Have you tried swords or java fern? My goldfish ate my wisteria and green hygro. They're going after my rotala now. D: so, I put the rotala rotundifolia, half of the bacopa, and all of the myrio green in my betta 10g. Lets see how they do in there. In just glad that my goldfish don't mess with my java fern or rose sword. Dipstick Ricochet (calico lionhead) has to eat everything and the other two are starting to get ideas! D: xD
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #8429 
Hadoken Kitty

Got the 20 gallon set up! May the pic dump commence!!!
Attached Images

Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #8430 
MiyuMikaelson

Quote:
Have you tried swords or java fern? My goldfish ate my wisteria and green hygro. They're going after my rotala now. D: so, I put the rotala rotundifolia, half of the bacopa, and all of the myrio green in my betta 10g. Lets see how they do in there. In just glad that my goldfish don't mess with my java fern or rose sword. Dipstick Ricochet (calico lionhead) has to eat everything and the other two are starting to get ideas! D: xD
Hahaha. Oh no. I'm sorry the goldfish are eating them.

I haven't tried Java fern or swords. Mostly because they haven't been sold locally lately. But I think I'd be open to it! Haha.
^^;

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank