Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #8531 
Kwomais

Thanks, I love how GREEN your tank looks! I'm in need of some floaters to decrease the light to my hygros which are growing hair algae and starting to burn (for now, I'm making do with a cue card that has holes in it placed under the light, over the moisture guard). Love your moss, what kind is it? I like that it floats a bit.
Kwomais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #8532 
Kiara1125

It's just java moss. It's actually got a LOT of hair algae mixed in it. xD still, thanks! :) my goldfish ate my hygros and wisteria. All plants are now staying in THIS tank. xD still, I have duckweed, but I prefer my amazon frogbit. That stuff is AMAZING and I love the way it grows. My bacopa started burning so I had to put it in a different tank. I kinda killed my myrio green. It's all black and hard now. xD it's growing back in my betta tank, so it's getting there.

Betta tank. :P (please excuse the ripped fins on Firefly. He got into a fight with Titanium (black orchid) and I had to rearrange the whole tank. Only, now FF has rotala on his side)
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #8533 
soady

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
It's just java moss. It's actually got a LOT of hair algae mixed in it. xD still, thanks! :) my goldfish ate my hygros and wisteria. All plants are now staying in THIS tank. xD still, I have duckweed, but I prefer my amazon frogbit. That stuff is AMAZING and I love the way it grows. My bacopa started burning so I had to put it in a different tank. I kinda killed my myrio green. It's all black and hard now. xD it's growing back in my betta tank, so it's getting there.

Betta tank. :P (please excuse the ripped fins on Firefly. He got into a fight with Titanium (black orchid) and I had to rearrange the whole tank. Only, now FF has rotala on his side)
That tank is great. I am actually gonna go buy some bacopa, can you tell me if it would live with low lightning? I read that it can grow with low, medium, high lighting... Thanks. :)
soady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #8534 
Kiara1125

My ONE CFL on a 10g hood was too much for it. I moved it to my betta tank with low, incandescent lighting and it's doing great. The leaves get huge and the roots start growing from anywhere on the stem and move down to the gravel. My bettas love laying in it and my smaller fish love weaving through it. It's my second favorite plant. *is rotala rotundifolia queen* xD xD
Old 02-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #8535 
soady

Nice! I just got an 8 watt strong neon light, I hope it will be enough. Check it out:

Should I scatter each bacopa plant singularly like on the right or should I keep it together like on the left? It is not my final setup yet, I still need to move some things around but I am waiting for my old grass to become better now, with proper lightning.
soady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #8536 
Kiara1125

Very nice! That bacopa will soon be at the top of the tank. :P
Old 02-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #8537 
Kels

heres the babys

Heres the babies tank. My friend read about bettas and asked for one of the babies back, Sadly i got a call earlier the baby didnt make it. Heres the little girl (ithink) i have now.

it's a 5.5 gallon. with Heater and a filter for just right now to help clear up the water. The red cup is the baby getting use to the water.
Attached Images

Kels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #8538 
FishyFishy89

I love that tank, I would remove the leafs below the water line. Bamboo leafs need to be out of the water or they'll die.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #8539 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I love that tank, I would remove the leafs below the water line. Bamboo leafs need to be out of the water or they'll die.
that explains so much
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #8540 
Kiara1125

I love that baby! It looks like it might be a dalmatian.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank