Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #8591 
cheb01

How do you clean a tank that has all those plants in it? Just curious..I am looking for more real plants, but not sure how to clean the tank with all of them in there.
cheb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #8592 
LadyKeiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheb01 View Post
How do you clean a tank that has all those plants in it? Just curious..I am looking for more real plants, but not sure how to clean the tank with all of them in there.
Depends on bioload really. I test my water parameters weekly. I Personally do one 40% change a week for that little one. But I have to juggle 2 other tanks and working a full time job =). I'm thinking small water changes twice a week would be good too.

I just use a tiny tube (with a piece of pantyhose over the the end to prevent sucking up critters) and siphon anything on the bottom. Just need to be careful not to knock the plants around. Depending on the plant and how established it is, it can be pretty easy to accidentally pull one up. The Java moss can be a pain sometimes.. that get's sucked up pretty easily.
LadyKeiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #8593 
soady

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKeiva View Post
Depends on bioload really. I test my water parameters weekly. I Personally do one 40% change a week for that little one. But I have to juggle 2 other tanks and working a full time job =). I'm thinking small water changes twice a week would be good too.

I just use a tiny tube (with a piece of pantyhose over the the end to prevent sucking up critters) and siphon anything on the bottom. Just need to be careful not to knock the plants around. Depending on the plant and how established it is, it can be pretty easy to accidentally pull one up. The Java moss can be a pain sometimes.. that get's sucked up pretty easily.
You can easily control the suction power with your finger at the other side of the tube.
soady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #8594 
LadyKeiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by soady View Post
You can easily control the suction power with your finger at the other side of the tube.
I do =), I actually just kink the tube a bit, do the same while I'm filling as to not cause too much chaos. I just have a tendency to bump into my plants too much sometimes. I fail at the whole delicate thing at times.
LadyKeiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #8595 
JayPe3

Slowly but surely getting new decorations and play areas.
JayPe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #8596 
MistersMom

Very nice!!!!! I like it!!!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #8597 
Tabbie82

@JayPe3- Your tank is looking good! How big is it? It looks huge!
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #8598 
FishyFishy89

interesting view.....now I've got some ideas!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #8599 
JayPe3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbie82 View Post
@JayPe3- Your tank is looking good! How big is it? It looks huge!

I believe it's a 15. I traded my 30 to a friend of mine, he told me it was a 10, but I have a 10 in my sons room and this is quite a bit larger.
He has tons of space, and I added 2 Panda Corys today, along with 2 ghost shrimp.
Hoping to get some more play areas/decorations implemented, then getting a more "live" tank going.
When my battery charges and I find a way to lift my tripod so it's stable (I'm new to DSLR use) I'll take a picture looking down on the tank, it's actually really cool looking.
JayPe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #8600 
Tabbie82

I was guessing about 15 gallons. I have a ten gallon that I keep 1 betta in and sometimes I look at him swimming around in there and wonder if he thinks he found his way into the ocean...
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank