Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #8781 
Karebear13

love the idea of putting the plants in the vase! looks awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3k00rb View Post
Here's my tank now - I went ahead and decided to try my hand with a live plant

Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #8782 
JBonez423

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFishie202 View Post
DOes anybody know where I could find some decorations cheap??? I want to make my tanks ornate.
Check out the craft aisle at Walmart. So far, that's been the best tip I received here. Buy silk flowers, take any metal piping out, stuff them into a Styrofoam block and bury them under substrate. There's lots of small glass vases, and other decorative items you can use for your fish to swim in and out of. I also mixed decorative gravel with little glass marbles I found with the fake plants. Fake grass plants are actually wicked cheap, I got both mine on sale at PetCo for 2.00 apiece! =]
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #8783 
CrazyDiamond

Floyd's tank is now Floyd and Freddie's tank lol
Since my last pic I have added a reptile hide to Floyd's side (left), it is shale and all natural stone and he loves swimming in and out of it, that big silk plant is still in there as well as some big river rocks. In the back is an Amazon Sword that is still acclimating, slowly but surely and closer to the front is two sprigs of water wisteria.
On Freddie's side is the purple plant that initially ripped up Floyd's fins before I trimmed off the parts that were causing the problem. I actually threw it away yesterday but after getting a purple fish I had to put it back in. Luckily it was in the wastebasket with a new bag, so no other trash, I still rinsed it though and it really compliments the fish's color. Freddie has the Java Fern that is growing like crazy and a sprig of wisteria in the back behind a big hunk of driftwood. I dug out the gravel under the wood and he loves to swim under it and hide. He also has a few river rocks and of course the filter, that's pantyhose on the it lol
Not sure where I will put Jim (marimo) there isn't a whole lot of room on either side anymore lol may just plop it down on that basking platform on Floyd's side.

CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #8784 
JBonez423

Hey CrazyDiamond, one of my Berta's names is Floyd, too! From the looks of your username, yours was also named after Pink Floyd! Too freaking funny! xD
Old 03-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #8785 
CrazyDiamond

I have seen your posts XD I was like wow I am so original LOL My moss ball was called Bob Marley until I saw you (I think it was you) had a fish named Marley and I was like okay . . . Jim Morrison it is then xD
Old 03-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #8786 
JBonez423

LMAO that is too funny! Don't worry, I've only had Floyd for a month so I'm sure you've had yours longer than me anyway! I get on these kicks when it comes to naming animals. First it was birds after cereal, now fish after amazing bands! But at least the rock and roll will live on in our fish. ;] what's everyone's names? I know they're on your signature but my phone cuts it off. -.-" lol.

Mine are Floyd, Marley, Jagger, Jett and Beatle. =P
Old 03-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #8787 
Crowntails

Freddie is so beautiful! I love EEs.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #8788 
CrazyDiamond

OMG you have one named Jett, AWESOME! lol
I've had Floyd for about 5 weeks so a little longer than a month. And the purple fella's name is Freddie Mercury lol and the marimo is Jim Morrison of course lol I just got Freddie today, he's so pretty!
Thank you Crowntails ^^
Old 03-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #8789 
JBonez423

=P Ahh see I told ya! You're plenty original. Freddy is wicked pretty! I wanted an EE, saw a couple truly gorgeous ones at petco buuuut if I spend 20 bucks on a fish... Well, let's just say I can't spend $20 on a fish! xD Jett is actually a pleco, too, lol the name came to me after watching her dart around the tank.. And then I love rock and roll was stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Beautiful tank! Looks like everyone has a lovely home. ^.^
Old 03-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #8790 
CrazyDiamond

Yeah he was $19.99 >.< lol I love Joan Jett she's awesome (chick crush)
Tanks for the compliments :)

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank