Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2013, 02:54 AM   #8811 
AyalaCookiejar

I know some people use fishing line, or I believe nylon cord. Its only supposed to be temporary until the roots of the plant take hold, but I'd be worried about the fishing line harming/cutting the fish and I'm not sure on the nylon cord... I used fishing line to make a shelf for some floating QT tanks and its relatively cheap for a big roll of it.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #8812 
Karebear13

Yeah i would be scared to do that with my fish in there but futurevet your betta isn't in there yet right... maybe u can tie it and the roots should take hold before you add your betta in
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:09 AM   #8813 
Bombalurina

I have used both undyed cotton and fishing line. As long as the line is tied tightly enough, it won't hurt the fish.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #8814 
futurevet

Ok, thanks! I am pretty sure I have fishing line somewhere, so I will use that! And no, the betta is not in there yet.
futurevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #8815 
motherpeters

I really like the black substrate with the red rock against it. Makes it really stand out!
motherpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #8816 
mhunki

I rearranged the tank, and took away the bulky tree, he seems to like it a lot more. I also have marimo balls on the way that i can't wait to add.
mhunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #8817 
MistersMom

My alltime data favorite thread
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #8818 
CrazyDiamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunki View Post
I rearranged the tank, and took away the bulky tree, he seems to like it a lot more. I also have marimo balls on the way that i can't wait to add.
To avoid what happened to me and my marimo I would suggest very closely examining your marimo before adding it to the tank and possibly salt treating it for worms. I had a HUGE planarian outbreak after I put mine into the tank and had to deep clean my tank :/ it really sucked. If you quarantine I would recommend you do it for a week because the worms didn't infest the tank, bad enough for me to notice, until a week after I put the marimo in. But a salt treatment will treat the plant right away and make it safe to add to the tank much sooner.
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #8819 
mhunki

I plan on quarantining them for two weeks before i put them in my tank. Thank you for the warning though, i would definitely not want to clean worms out of my tank. I'm waiting for some driftwood to soak for the next two weeks so I'm learning to be patient with what i put in my tank. :)
mhunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #8820 
CrazyDiamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunki View Post
I plan on quarantining them for two weeks before i put them in my tank. Thank you for the warning though, i would definitely not want to clean worms out of my tank. I'm waiting for some driftwood to soak for the next two weeks so I'm learning to be patient with what i put in my tank. :)
I unfortunately was not patient at all xD and paid the price ;) good luck with your tank!
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, tank