Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #8831 
shushcat

^ I love the rocks and plants! It looks so classy.

This is the divided 10 gallon for my bettas now. Having the heater and filter in the middle is wonderful, and they thankfully can't tell there's a betta on the other side. My only problem is that the divider leans a little on the left (also they're not straight lol), but it's not enough that the Kraken could wiggle into the middle. Trying to adjust it only makes him more curious and wanting to investigate, so I just have to deal with it

I'm going to add taller plants (and rearrange things a bit) to the right and shorter decor/plants to the left. Also trying to make clearer black paths. I only bought one 5lb bag, but I really should have bought two. Sand is so messy to work with :(
Attached Images

shushcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #8832 
JBonez423

That's a great idea with the filter! My boy likes his for the moment, but he's still a baby. Once his fins come in, he'll probably get tired of it real quick. =P I'll definitely have to keep this in mind for when I get a bigger tank!
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #8833 
bserrano2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
Very cute! you might want to add a cave in there to give him some security!
not sure if that was intended for me.. if so thank you :)

Ive been wondering if you or anyone here would know a good website where they would have nice aquarium decor such as caves and what not. I've been to my local pet store and a petco and haven't found anything I can say would fit nicely into my tank (due to its size) or seem safe enough to put in. I don't want Renji's fins to get damaged. As of right now i got him a few more plants to swim around in.
bserrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #8834 
Karebear13

Yes It was intended for you :) Um maybe pet mountain they have nice things and so does wal mart sometimes.. Don't get the Penn Plax brand there is so weird stuff going on with that brand there have been some issues. Do you have a petsmart they have some nice things too. I like to check the amphibian section they tend to have more natural looking things if you are going for a more natural look
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #8835 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushcat View Post
^ I love the rocks and plants! It looks so classy.

This is the divided 10 gallon for my bettas now. Having the heater and filter in the middle is wonderful, and they thankfully can't tell there's a betta on the other side. My only problem is that the divider leans a little on the left (also they're not straight lol), but it's not enough that the Kraken could wiggle into the middle. Trying to adjust it only makes him more curious and wanting to investigate, so I just have to deal with it

I'm going to add taller plants (and rearrange things a bit) to the right and shorter decor/plants to the left. Also trying to make clearer black paths. I only bought one 5lb bag, but I really should have bought two. Sand is so messy to work with :(
Dividers lean a lot. Not a big deal. Just make sure it's stable. (:

Be careful about the tall green and red plant that you have. The one on the left side of your divider. I have that same one and it ripped my DT boy's fins to shreds.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #8836 
shushcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Be careful about the tall green and red plant that you have. The one on the left side of your divider. I have that same one and it ripped my DT boy's fins to shreds.
I was cautious about that when I first put it in the Kraken's tank when I got him, but I didn't think he would pay much attention to it. Wrong! I panicked when I found him wiggling inside of it at first and inspected his fins and scales, but he was just fine. Nothing has tore so far in the two weeks I've had him, and man he really wedges himself in there sometimes :\ It's one of his favorite things to do!

Do you remember what brand yours was? (I don't remember what this one was, but it came in a tall bag at Petsmart)
Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #8837 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushcat View Post
I was cautious about that when I first put it in the Kraken's tank when I got him, but I didn't think he would pay much attention to it. Wrong! I panicked when I found him wiggling inside of it at first and inspected his fins and scales, but he was just fine. Nothing has tore so far in the two weeks I've had him, and man he really wedges himself in there sometimes :\ It's one of his favorite things to do!

Do you remember what brand yours was? (I don't remember what this one was, but it came in a tall bag at Petsmart)
Mine came from Petsmart. Mine looks identical to yours, lol.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #8838 
shushcat

I wonder why it ripped your betta's fins but it's been fine for mine?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #8839 
FishyFishy89

Some maybe stronger
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #8840 
Fenghuang

I bought this tank Sunday on the whim because I got sucked up by a CT sitting in Walmart. It is a little on the small side... Only 1.5 gallons and made of some sort of cheap plastic, but it is surprising nice. I like that the lid is clear too. It sits underneath one of my bedroom window. A little bit of sunlight filters into the room in the afternoon and it brightens up the entire tank.

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank