Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #8831 
shushcat
Member
 
shushcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
^ I love the rocks and plants! It looks so classy.

This is the divided 10 gallon for my bettas now. Having the heater and filter in the middle is wonderful, and they thankfully can't tell there's a betta on the other side. My only problem is that the divider leans a little on the left (also they're not straight lol), but it's not enough that the Kraken could wiggle into the middle. Trying to adjust it only makes him more curious and wanting to investigate, so I just have to deal with it

I'm going to add taller plants (and rearrange things a bit) to the right and shorter decor/plants to the left. Also trying to make clearer black paths. I only bought one 5lb bag, but I really should have bought two. Sand is so messy to work with :(
Attached Images
   
shushcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #8832 
JBonez423
Member
 
JBonez423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CT, soon CA.
That's a great idea with the filter! My boy likes his for the moment, but he's still a baby. Once his fins come in, he'll probably get tired of it real quick. =P I'll definitely have to keep this in mind for when I get a bigger tank!
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #8833 
bserrano2
Member
 
bserrano2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear13 View Post
Very cute! you might want to add a cave in there to give him some security!
not sure if that was intended for me.. if so thank you :)

Ive been wondering if you or anyone here would know a good website where they would have nice aquarium decor such as caves and what not. I've been to my local pet store and a petco and haven't found anything I can say would fit nicely into my tank (due to its size) or seem safe enough to put in. I don't want Renji's fins to get damaged. As of right now i got him a few more plants to swim around in.
bserrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #8834 
Karebear13
Member
 
Karebear13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Yes It was intended for you :) Um maybe pet mountain they have nice things and so does wal mart sometimes.. Don't get the Penn Plax brand there is so weird stuff going on with that brand there have been some issues. Do you have a petsmart they have some nice things too. I like to check the amphibian section they tend to have more natural looking things if you are going for a more natural look
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #8835 
Hadoken Kitty
Member
 
Hadoken Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shushcat View Post
^ I love the rocks and plants! It looks so classy.

This is the divided 10 gallon for my bettas now. Having the heater and filter in the middle is wonderful, and they thankfully can't tell there's a betta on the other side. My only problem is that the divider leans a little on the left (also they're not straight lol), but it's not enough that the Kraken could wiggle into the middle. Trying to adjust it only makes him more curious and wanting to investigate, so I just have to deal with it

I'm going to add taller plants (and rearrange things a bit) to the right and shorter decor/plants to the left. Also trying to make clearer black paths. I only bought one 5lb bag, but I really should have bought two. Sand is so messy to work with :(
Dividers lean a lot. Not a big deal. Just make sure it's stable. (:

Be careful about the tall green and red plant that you have. The one on the left side of your divider. I have that same one and it ripped my DT boy's fins to shreds.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #8836 
shushcat
Member
 
shushcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Be careful about the tall green and red plant that you have. The one on the left side of your divider. I have that same one and it ripped my DT boy's fins to shreds.
I was cautious about that when I first put it in the Kraken's tank when I got him, but I didn't think he would pay much attention to it. Wrong! I panicked when I found him wiggling inside of it at first and inspected his fins and scales, but he was just fine. Nothing has tore so far in the two weeks I've had him, and man he really wedges himself in there sometimes :\ It's one of his favorite things to do!

Do you remember what brand yours was? (I don't remember what this one was, but it came in a tall bag at Petsmart)
shushcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #8837 
Hadoken Kitty
Member
 
Hadoken Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shushcat View Post
I was cautious about that when I first put it in the Kraken's tank when I got him, but I didn't think he would pay much attention to it. Wrong! I panicked when I found him wiggling inside of it at first and inspected his fins and scales, but he was just fine. Nothing has tore so far in the two weeks I've had him, and man he really wedges himself in there sometimes :\ It's one of his favorite things to do!

Do you remember what brand yours was? (I don't remember what this one was, but it came in a tall bag at Petsmart)
Mine came from Petsmart. Mine looks identical to yours, lol.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #8838 
shushcat
Member
 
shushcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
I wonder why it ripped your betta's fins but it's been fine for mine?
shushcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #8839 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Some maybe stronger
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #8840 
Fenghuang
Member
 
Fenghuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Georgia
I bought this tank Sunday on the whim because I got sucked up by a CT sitting in Walmart. It is a little on the small side... Only 1.5 gallons and made of some sort of cheap plastic, but it is surprising nice. I like that the lid is clear too. It sits underneath one of my bedroom window. A little bit of sunlight filters into the room in the afternoon and it brightens up the entire tank.





Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new 10 gallon home for my 2 rescued bettas<3 Wed Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 15 11-18-2010 05:46 PM
New home for my boys (pics) marshall2288 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 11 05-30-2009 09:49 PM
Maybe some of Vegans rescue bettas home... Livelifelaughlove Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 3 04-03-2009 04:30 PM
Where did the thread go for Betta tank/home pics? anastasiavixen Betta Pictures 3 04-02-2009 03:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.