Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #8951 
Hadoken Kitty

There's always a plus/minus to small towns. Privacy, but at the risk of being vulnerable to big businesses.

I love my LFS as well. Like I've stated in quite a few threads: I plan on selling them some of my fry as a way to get more people to buy bettas. I still have to talk to the owner about handing out care advice, though.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #8952 
AyalaCookiejar

That sounds like a great idea!

Lincoln has a fish store but it has little in the Betta department. They only sell male VTs j: but they have an amazing selection of other fish. They even have a whole section in the back of used tanks and equipment. (Excuse my excitement, I've never been to a fish store before, lol.) I was shocked at the fact that you couldn't see anything through the front windows because of the humidity in the store.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #8953 
Hadoken Kitty

I know!!! My local pet store has this huge array of animals. Anything you could think of. Loads of birds, kittens, dogs, ferrets, chinchillas, loads of fish, etc. They have this awesome monkey that's been there since I was a kid and a dog "mascot" that just freely walks around (sometimes he holds a sign, haha). It's so cool. They have their own NPT in the back. It's huge and it showcases BEAUTIFUL fish. The only disappointment is their lack in bettas. Though last time when I was looking at their whole twelve bettas (sarcasm), the owner asked me if I wanted one. I said no, just looking. Then he goes, "how about fifty?" and then lifts this huge bag with mini bags of bettas inside. I almost died laughing. I know they'll all be sold, though. People go in and out of there all the time and more often than not they sell out of bettas. I'll see if I can't get a pic of their NPT when I go up there next. I just need a reason to be up there, since my boyfriend hates going up there, lol.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #8954 
DanielaMarie

@irishcreep very nice!
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #8955 
SamJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle89 View Post
I'm extremely spoiled to have a incredible LFS 20 minutes down the road. Larger than a petsmart and Petco combined!!
I've a great LFS too. It's really a LFPS, because since they're so great they've expand out a bit. But they're amazing. Though their store isn't that big, they'll order you anything. Even show quality bettas straight from breeders. They had a dragonscale a few months back, that they ordered just to see how quickly he'd sell. They kept him in his own ten gallon (all their bettas are in a ten gallon, though depending on the number they've got they'll be in those little like cages that hang on the sides) with some plants and a couple of baby bristlenoses. Well. 30 minutes after he was placed for sale (they give them a bit after they get there to acclimate first) he had been sold. I went in for some plants, walked past his tank, seen him, seen his price tag, whistled my way to the plants, chose the ones i wanted, walked back to the front past his tank, stopped and looked for him, he was gone, was amazed and a bit sad, asked about him, was told they'd order me anything i wanted, told them i'll be using that in the future.
they're awesome. They deal with saltwater and freshwater, and other animals. Like, they're so popular, my cousin used to do this thing, where he'd send to people what they had in stock, and they'd send him a list of what to get, and he'd buy it and ship it in overnight express. It was crazy. But that was a few years back, when my cousin had his salt water setup.
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #8956 
kyle89

Woo now that's sweet. Idk if mine can order from breeders. That would be awesome. Petco an pet smart can't compete with there prices. I get the small bottle of stress coat plus from them for 2.99 or 3.99 can't remember but Petco wants 4.99!
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #8957 
Janan

Here is my latest betta, Montgomery (Monty) and his home.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #8958 
Hadoken Kitty

Oh Janan that betta is gorgeous!!! I mean so is the tank, but, look at HIM!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #8959 
SamJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle89 View Post
Woo now that's sweet. Idk if mine can order from breeders. That would be awesome. Petco an pet smart can't compete with there prices. I get the small bottle of stress coat plus from them for 2.99 or 3.99 can't remember but Petco wants 4.99!
I know right? Mine's awesome prices.

And Janan, that's a nice set-up. And monty's gorgeous.
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #8960 
Janan

Well, thank you very much!

He really is stunning. His colors are so iridescent. I can take one picture, and he looks red. Then the next one will be all blue.

Janan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank