Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #9001 
RowdyBetta

There's an awesome 55 gal for $50 on my craigslist! D: Too bad I don't have room. -.-
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #9002 
CrazyDiamond

Paid $29 for my 10g kit at PetSmart, then $15 for a $40 heater at a Pet Supermarket haha it was mislabeled and I got it for less than half price! Saw a 10g at Wally World for $12, no filter or cover but hey lol But the Pet Supermarket here I go to a lot is AWESOME just picked up some seachem tabs there for just under $6 and a big bottle of API fertilizer for less than $8, also got a 10 pound bag of crushed coral there for $7. You may burn a little gas but hunting for those extra deals can be very rewarding.

But that pink tank is AWESOME and I don't even like pink xD makes me wanna put a barbie in it or something lol
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #9003 
RowdyBetta

Here's my very plain 5 gal critter keeper. I forgot to buy the darn driftwood while at PetSmart. -.- The plastic plants have been removed...again

Last edited by RowdyBetta; 04-01-2013 at 09:02 PM.
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #9004 
AyalaCookiejar

Just set up my ten gallon sorority. The plants are silk in the back and live in the front but I had to fill in with silk plants for now because I don't have near enough plants yet to have enough cover for the girls!

AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #9005 
CrazyDiamond

Looks like the junkyard dog of the fish world lol what a character! I like the fake plants, I can pick them up and move them whenever I want/need to but the live ones make such a mess if I have to move them -_-

Nice sorority tank too ;)
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #9006 
tngirl92

This is my 2.5 gallon set-up. Glass, partially lidded, heated, a live plant, a bridge to hide under, a betta hammock, blue gravel, and Asian landscape backdrop. On the side, I have my strip thermometer and ammonia monitor. Parli loves his tank!
Attached Images

tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #9007 
DanielaMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl92 View Post
This is my 2.5 gallon set-up. Glass, partially lidded, heated, a live plant, a bridge to hide under, a betta hammock, blue gravel, and Asian landscape backdrop. On the side, I have my strip thermometer and ammonia monitor. Parli loves his tank!
Do those ammonia monitors actually work? I'd think they'd need to be in the water to be able to determine the level.
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #9008 
tngirl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielaMarie View Post
Do those ammonia monitors actually work? I'd think they'd need to be in the water to be able to determine the level.
Quite! You probably can't see from the picture, but it actually is on the inside of the tank, below the water level. So far, it works well! For the price, it sure does beat special ammonia testing kits.
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #9009 
DanielaMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl92 View Post
Quite! You probably can't see from the picture, but it actually is on the inside of the tank, below the water level. So far, it works well! For the price, it sure does beat special ammonia testing kits.
That's handy.
DanielaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #9010 
Batmantha

wow my 20Litre tank cost me $100 plus $30 for the heater and who knows how much for gravel, plants & skulls
Batmantha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank