Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #9091 
Tabby216

My 5 gallon tank. Camera is bad lol :)
Attached Images

Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #9092 
makoisland

It's so colorful haha! I think I have the same gravel. Where'd you get the funky little cave?
makoisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #9093 
Tabby216

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoisland View Post
It's so colorful haha! I think I have the same gravel. Where'd you get the funky little cave?
Thank you! I got it from walmart lol this tank is going to be temporary though and the new home will be better and bigger. I wanna make it look like my fish's habitat but I'm still learning lol
Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #9094 
RowdyBetta

Wow, nice tank!
Just a little warning though. That plant you have in the right corner is the same one I had to take out of my tank because it ripped my boy's fins.
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #9095 
mushumouse

growth continues sloooowly but steadily in my little low-light tank... i actually trimmed a few leaves off the anubias when i was scrubbing the moss off of it because i was worried it was getting ahead of itself. :p

anyhow, i just put in a sponge filter this afternoon! my fragile little cycle sadly bit the dust the weekend before last when the old filter stopped working for 72 hours for no discernable reason, then started up again. thanks to waterdog for the post about sponge filters, i had an ancient but functioning air pump in the basement and i'm all set now for a total cost of $8 new equipment! to be honest i was glad for the excuse to switch it out, because space ghost's fins have been looking pretty battered lately like he was maybe biting them, and i was starting to think the other filter was a bit much for him. he loved to hide behind it though, so now he's sulking under the log at me.
mushumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #9096 
Rilly10

Here is my tank! It is an Aqueon Evolve 4 and home to my one betta so far. I have a rabbit snail coming soon also. So far I have an Anubias, Salvinia, a Java Fern, and a Marimo Moss ball. I am hoping to add a few more plants, but have to see what will fit without crowding it too much. I also need to pull up the Java Fern and attach it to a rock...right now I have it's roots lightly buried which I have read not to do.
Attached Images

Rilly10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #9097 
RowdyBetta

Beautiful tanks!
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #9098 
ryancalif

Nice tanks.

:)

Last edited by ryancalif; 04-09-2013 at 04:42 PM.
ryancalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #9099 
fish keeper 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilly10 View Post
Here is my tank! It is an Aqueon Evolve 4 and home to my one betta so far. I have a rabbit snail coming soon also. So far I have an Anubias, Salvinia, a Java Fern, and a Marimo Moss ball. I am hoping to add a few more plants, but have to see what will fit without crowding it too much. I also need to pull up the Java Fern and attach it to a rock...right now I have it's roots lightly buried which I have read not to do.
One question: I looked it up and that thing has an aqueon quiet flow filter... The smallest version is rated for 100 GPH. How do you prevent it from tossing your betta around?

Nice tank by the way.

Edit: by the way, java fern can be planted, just don't bury the rhizome. Only bury the roots.
fish keeper 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #9100 
FishyFishy89

Java Fern is a non-substrate plant. Read the profile(click the shaded name) for more information.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank