Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #9561 
zelda1982

Smile Simon, my 1st Betta.

Hello its my first post on here and thought i'd introduce my first ever betta. He is called Simon (my 9 yr old named him ) He's in a 2.5 gallon aquarium which i picked up for 3 (i'm in UK) at a car boot sale with gravel and sponge filter. I will probabl upgrade to something bigger in time, i didnt really realise how many gallons it took when i bought it. Just saw a deal and bought it! I've only had him 5 days but is really active and flares (at nothing ). I used my sponge filter from my established 350litre community tank to cycle his tank plus added plants, java moss and wood from the big tank too so hopefully i will have no problems with parameters.

This is the day i got him, was quite pale due to the journey but coloured up within 30 mins of getting home.

This is his home which im not really finished with, not quite sure which way to go with it, i like the "zen" type tanks but prefer to have lots of plants lol.

This is him today, i love his royal blue colour.

and

zelda1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #9562 
Viva

Holy cow, he colored up A LOT! How pretty! I also love a lot of live plants in my tanks...to the point where they don't even look very aesthetically pleasing, but I know my fish and shrimp love it!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #9563 
countyrd419

If you really want to see him flare up brighten even more vividly, put his tank light on and you will see his blue really pop. Just look at Rusty GO! GO! GO! when his tank light is on.
Attached Images

countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #9564 
Sylerwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
My langston spot. Still lacking a bit on decor but it s a start.
LOL Wynn, the first thing I thought was "Oh, what a cute little rainbow." and then I thought "SWORDS! BADASS!"
Sylerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #9565 
sixcards

My Bettas

The blue one is Freedom, the blk/red-orange/green is Scud and last but not least is Bam Bam.
Attached Images

sixcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #9566 
countyrd419

I like the variety of colors all of your betta fishes portray.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #9567 
Sweetea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBarb View Post
I agree that tanks with bare bottoms can be very attractive (and easy to clean). I like how you decorated yours.
Thank you. :3 I love how it's easy to spot clean before I do a water change.

@zelda1982: It's great to see what a good home can do...he looks like a totally different betta! o= What kind of plants do you have? Do they grow under low light?
Sweetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #9568 
Wynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylerwin View Post
LOL Wynn, the first thing I thought was "Oh, what a cute little rainbow." and then I thought "SWORDS! BADASS!"
Orginally we got the rainbow for a goldfish well yeah still did. The crazy adventure started 3 weeks ago when my mom got a carnival goldfish. no food, no supplies just a fish, so he spent his first 2 days in a vase while I looked up how to care for him. I got him a 10 gallon tank and after his first day in it he died. So we decided to get a Betta, but we wanted a piece of decor for him. He was name fliggins so we tried to look for something iris and all we could find was the rainbow. I put the rainbow in fliggins fav spot(spent most of his hours of his last day in that spot) and when on here I read the story of the rainbow bridge I thought it even more fitting.

And yeah swords are awesome, though I didn't even notice they were in my shot lol.
Wynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #9569 
NozzALa

I finally got a few decent pictures of my betta and his tank:

Kind of hard to see in the first two, he blends in so well, haha. Only thing I don't have is a heater, but I've had him for six months and he's as healthy as ever, my apartment is small and stays heated almost all the time.

Last edited by NozzALa; 06-20-2013 at 08:40 AM.
NozzALa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #9570 
zelda1982

@Sweetea Erm i think its cambomba and err? dunno lol. It does get direct light from the window for a few hours on the morning and the rest of the time its light but not direct iyswim? How does java moss do in low light? I am going to get a light for his tank when i have the funds. (will a table lamp do til then?)
zelda1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank