Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #9601 
Mar

^ Love it!

The Mopani looks perfectly fine. That driftwood fits your spec perfectly! Good find!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #9602 
BittyB

Starting it off. This tank is just a week old, hoping to get more plants this week. Maybe do some moss on the wood and add another anubia and some longer plants in the back like a java fern... Want to keep it clean and contemporary looking but love the look of real plants. Hopefully I don't kill the plants! I got LEDs and I have Seachem Excel coming in the mail.

Excuse my bettas light rip on his tail. He had fun playing around and then tried to push his driftwood and got it caught and put a hole in it. The hole is closed up after a few days but the tear isn't healing yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by BittyB; 06-25-2013 at 06:34 AM.
BittyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #9603 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFoot View Post
He likes it. Some of the plants don't. I might replace the mopani with something smaller and get more plants.

I love how your tank looks...there is a perfect balance of plants/wood/water in my opinion. Some people like to overload with plants, though (like me!). I try not to but it's just so hard...
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #9604 
PbFoot

Thank you Mar and Viva. I'm a noob at this so your comments are very encouraging.

I got the tank and the wood online from the same place. It's just Zoo Med Mopani so I had no idea what it would actually look like. When it arrived I thought "Holy crap, they sent me a log!". I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out but wish I had more room for background plants.
PbFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:13 AM   #9605 
Horangi

Here is my 2.5 gallon tank home to my new betta. i have 3 real plants and one fake one in here. He loves his java moss ball the most tho.
Horangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #9606 
shellieca

Here are my smaller tanks:
1) 2.5g, I just noticed something is damaging his fin, UGH! Going to have to switch the silk plants out.
2) 5.5g - Krusty, he LOVES his tank, he's all over the place
3) 5g - You can see Simon's fin hanging down inside his cave, he doesn't like water changes so he hides.
4) 10g - Sal, caught him attacking a nerite this weekend, bad boy
5) 10g - Spot, my heavy finnage boy.
And there's one more tank I forgot to get a pic of . . . darn it.
Attached Images

shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #9607 
Kitty Whiskers

Smile

The first one is the 6.6 Gallon bookshelf tank I set up last night. My new Betta Galaxy will live in here when it is cycled. I'll post more pics when she moves into this tank.

Next tank down is Sunshine's tank. It is a 5 gallon that used to be my FiancÚ's tank that had his zebra danios in it. He no longer wanted to keep his tank or his fish so I put the Zebra Danios in my 30 Gallon tank. Now Sunshine lives in the 5 gallon :)

Last picture is of Violet's tank. My only survivor left of my Female Sorority that used to be in my 30 Gallon tank. It is a 5 Gallon Hexagon tank.
Attached Images

Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #9608 
RowdyBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla View Post
Alrighty so I recently upgraded my fish to a 5g tank, and so need to look around for some more plants to give him more hiding spots, and I've stumbled across something called moonstones for bettas, they are like little hiding holes and rather pretty.

Has anyone tried these? I wasn't sure if they would be big enough, and you do get a few in a pack.

I've never heard of them, sorry!

I think I posted this somewhere else on the forum but here's Cirrus's 5 gal rearranged. Again. XD My creative sister helped me place the plants and add a path.
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #9609 
Viva

@KittyWhiskers: What happened to the other girls in your sorority?

I LOVE that tank Rowdy, it definitely has an artist's touch.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #9610 
RowdyBetta

Thanks, Viva! ^.^
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank