Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #9731 
Polkadot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaychlosar View Post

He's lovely! He looks like my little boy Button.Your tank is nice & colourful too.Bettas can usually be agro towards each other,not so much towards humans,lol.My 3 little boys are all very sweet & friendly too.And oh yes,they will always want food.
Polkadot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #9732 
Elsewhere

Quote:

Finally got our tank all set up for Findlay. Its around 37 litres (10 gallons US) We have had huge problems getting the water right before adding him in. We have Nitrates that are through the roof. We have since added IAL, so hope that helps to add some nutrients to the water. Does anyone else have problems with their fish being little piggies. Ours always seems hungry, and makes us constantly feel guilty, giving us the evil eye anytime we are close. Also, he seems very docile and friendly and hardly ever flares. I though these guys were supposed to be agro?
Sounds just like my boys! All Bettas have different personalities- some are murderers to every other living creature, like my Pigg, but are sweet and adorable around you, and some are absolute sweethearts to everyone and everything, like my Atlas. It all depends on who they are :)
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #9733 
dompark92

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum as of yesterday. Here is my 5 gallon
Bowfront tank with my betta I named "Crash". I have a few questions/concerns.
I've had him for about 6 months. Some nights when I come home,
Ill turn the light on and he seems disoriented for about 5 minutes. Bad
enough to where he just runs into stuff. Could that just be from immediate
light exposure? He gets natural light during the day, not direct sunloght but a good amount. Eventually he goes back to swimming normal. Also, I have a 1 1/2 inch aorater bar that is stuck to the back wall of the tank. Is that a bad idea? I will eventually turn it into a natural look but he is use to his little house for now I don't wanna change it on him. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks! :)
Attached Images

dompark92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #9734 
Viva

Quote:

Finally got our tank all set up for Findlay. Its around 37 litres (10 gallons US) We have had huge problems getting the water right before adding him in. We have Nitrates that are through the roof. We have since added IAL, so hope that helps to add some nutrients to the water. Does anyone else have problems with their fish being little piggies. Ours always seems hungry, and makes us constantly feel guilty, giving us the evil eye anytime we are close. Also, he seems very docile and friendly and hardly ever flares. I though these guys were supposed to be agro?

Nice setup, it's very colorful! Bettas are always hungry and seem to have an insatiable appetite so don't worry. 4 - 8 pellets daily depending on their size is what they need. Some bettas are a lot more aggressive than others...they are mostly aggressive toward one another and most likely won't flare at you. Try putting a mirror up and I bet he will flare!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #9735 
Mar

Updated my sorority
Sorry, had to share

Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #9736 
Viva

I LOVE that driftwood/ornament. Is it real wood? I've been looking for some interesting driftwood pieces but I swear it's impossible and I always settle for a small, boring piece -_-
Old 07-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #9737 
Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
I LOVE that driftwood/ornament. Is it real wood? I've been looking for some interesting driftwood pieces but I swear it's impossible and I always settle for a small, boring piece -_-
I know exactly what you mean! There are rarely any good driftwood pieces. In the end, I'll just end up buying a piece to help soften the water, and it becomes more backgoundish.

Hah I wish the tree root was real! I got it at PetSmart lol :( I'm gonna start checking online for some good mopani/malaysian driftwood.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #9738 
Viva

I find good ones sometimes but then they're like $30 - $40 for one piece. I'm like O_O
Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #9739 
carlos puron

You can always cut the driftwood as you want that's what I do with my tanks but you have to get a big piece to give it the desired shape
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #9740 
Mar

That's pretty cool Carlos! Lol I suck when it comes to designing/artsy stuff. Can you show us your driftwood?

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank