Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #9901 
Glory

wow he is so beutiful
Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #9902 
logisticsguy

This is our 55g sorority tank. It has 37 female betta of various tail types mostly HM. We added a big bamboo in a vase with different gravel inside. The fish seem to like swimming inside the vase. Considering I have zero creative or décor skills it turned out ok.

logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #9903 
Torla

My completed 10 gal. tank. :)
Attached Images

Torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #9904 
falvs17

I am seeing a lot of tanks..I have my betta in a bowl, is that a bad idea? Also, is it a necessity to have a light above the bowl/tank?

Sorry, I'm new!
falvs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #9905 
Torla

I think one gallon is the recommended minimum, although that is constantly up for debate. As long as you're doing the proper amount of water changes, you're probably all right. I don't think a light is a necessity, but it is nice. Someone more experienced can probably help fill the gaps in a little more. :)
Torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #9906 
Namialus

Here is Plagueis' tank. :P
Attached Images

Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #9907 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by falvs17 View Post
I am seeing a lot of tanks..I have my betta in a bowl, is that a bad idea? Also, is it a necessity to have a light above the bowl/tank?

Sorry, I'm new!
A bowl is totally fine! As stated, as long as you keep up with water changes your Betta will be just fine! And lights are good for keeping your Betta "regular" meaning they know when it's time for food, they know when it's time to sleep and they know when to wake up so if he's in a brighter room he should be fine without a light but a darker room, you might want to consider a desk lamp at least
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #9908 
carrohason

I'm very new to owning a betta (I got my first 3 days ago), so I started out with a bowl. The room it's in gets pretty warm, so it stays around 80 degrees during the day. Is that okay? From what I've read around the internet, that's pretty high.

I have a red male veil tail (age unknown) named Augustus, and I got him from a local petstore.

This is his current set up:

I check the temperature a couple times a day, and it's usually in the upper 70's or lower 80's.
carrohason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #9909 
carlos puron

I really like your bowl well my thanks are usually between 78 and 80
So he should be fine my guys haven't show any problems with that remember they're tropical fish I would be worry about cold temperature if you get a chance get him a heater for cold days there's when you need it
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #9910 
NozzALa

Lupins new tank, Fluval Spec III, just got it delivered the other day. I have the pump set on the lowest setting because I heard it can be powerful, and it still kind of is, but his favorite activity seems to be swimming into the current and being pushed back. He won't stop doing it and seems to be having the time of his life, haha.

He is weird, I'd heard bettas like still water, but he loved the bubbles in his old tank and loves the current now.
Attached Images

NozzALa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank