Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #9961 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersea View Post
Here is my first attempt at dividing a 10g tank. Used a DIY divider. Do you all think there are too many plants? Too crowded?

Right now each boy has one real plant and hope to replace the fake plants with real ones over time. Any suggestions to make it better for my boys are appreciated as I am still new to bettas and want my boys to be comfortable.
Does Fabio have Mondo Grass (Kyoto) for a real plant or is that fake there? If it is Mondo grass, that stuff isn't aquatic. You're Sword might feel a little crowded but if you have root tabs for it, it will be very happy! It's looking good to me!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #9962 
summersea

It isn't Mondo Grass (can't remember what the plant label called it but it is aquatic). And I don't have root tabs but put in some Leaf Zone. Will that do the same?
summersea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #9963 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersea View Post
It isn't Mondo Grass (can't remember what the plant label called it but it is aquatic). And I don't have root tabs but put in some Leaf Zone. Will that do the same?
Ah okay, well that's good. It might be Saggitaria or Vallisneria, can't tell from this angle. For ferts, Leaf Zone is an okay liquid fert which is good for water column feeders like most stem plants; Hornwort, Myrio, Water Wisteria and so on. Then there are plants which are root feeders which means they get most of their food from the substrate or supplements like roots tabs so the Sword is a heavy root feeder. They will like the Leaf Zone but will do MUCH better with some root tabs, I get the 10 API Root tabs for 6 dollars and that works fine. Other root feeders are Crypts, all grasses (hairgrass, vallisneria, saggitaria) and some others I forget.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #9964 
summersea

Oh, okay! Next time I am at the LFS I will look for root tabs! I've neve seen them at Walmart so hoping either LFS or PetsMart have them! Thanks! ��
summersea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:10 PM   #9965 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, walmart doesn't carry many API things if any at all. I'd get it at PetSmart if I were you, LFS items tend to be pricey unless you want to support them. My LFS sold them for 12 dollars and PetSmart was 6 so....yeah, you can probably tell my decision lol
Old 09-01-2013, 12:37 AM   #9966 
cg4288

this is my first betta ever (I call him betamax). neighbors were throwing out the 5gal tank (with a working filter and everything) so i figured i should take it and adopt something. no heater for now because the water is already in the 80s. i did have to take the buddha out today because the water was cloudy when i woke up and i had heard someone complain about buddha causing water cloudiness, but it might have just been the tank cycling... He's a really active guy.

cg4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #9967 
iamnita321

Smile ~ERNEST~ 5.5 gal

i got ernest a 5.5 gal i haven't moved him in yet but i think he will like it

Last edited by iamnita321; 09-01-2013 at 06:59 AM.
iamnita321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #9968 
Sylerwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnita321 View Post

very cute. Love the elephant. Be careful though, I've heard people say that the paint starts peeling off of the red "asian zen" decoration from petsmart after just a few weeks.
Sylerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #9969 
Ezzie

I bought Milton a new tank recently and decked it out in some random driftwood's and some assorted plants i bought.

I re-scaped it today with the new gold vine and i'm loving the tank!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I cant wait until the plants grow and fill in the spaces :) i might buy some more small crypts just to fill in some more space but ill leave it for now
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #9970 
Sylerwin

Ezzie, very cool!
Sylerwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank