Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #1 
jord388

Questions...

Hi, I want to add live plants to my tank, my substrate is only sand at the minute however I want to add eco complete ontop of the sand where I will plant the plants... Question 1 is, can I add eco complete with my betta in the tank? (Was thinking of using a cup to kind of pour it?)
Also, I'm running an all pond solutions 64 LED light which is very low watt so I'm assuming I will need a new light.. I was looking at this one:http:// http://www.allpondsolutions....-lighting.html
Question 2: Would this be any good?
Question 3: I'm contemplating a carpeting plant but not sure of which one to get, which ones do you guys recommend?
Thanks for reading :)
jord388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #2 
Laki

1. I would remove the betta just because you're going to be making a mess and/or draining the tank. Would be easier on him (and you) to just take him out while you add the eco complete.

2. I guess so. I'm not the best one on lights.

3. Carpeting? Java moss, christmas moss and some other ones which I don't remember.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote