Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #31 
countyrd419

Sorry about that
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #32 
DJay

Would everyone who's attacking the poor kid just chill. He asked about the protein building up. Not about how to care for bettas. There's plenty of resources. For him to check out if he wants. I agree the conditions are not ideal and a heater couldn't hurt however and I wouldn't recommend this set up for two bettas but yelling at him isn't gonna do anything, what run gonna march down to his place and fix his set up? Or maybe he should return his fish to the pet store so they can live happily in a cup smaller then a soda can. How about he flushes a Betta live? Would that make people feel better? Seriously.

With proper water changes and maintenance it is possible to keep healthy fish in this set up. Perhaps he could fiend a friend interested in keeping a Betta and they could take care of it.

(Don't care what people say about this post btw)
DJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #33 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Breathe, take a pill, and chill Lebron. 2.5 g for one betta is fine. Not everyone's parents can run out and buy every single supply supply or tank their kid wants at the drop of a hat. I agree about the need for a heater for night time when its cooler (considering the heatwave atm) and with others about 2.5g not being enough for two bettas.
Sorry..! I had to go to the dentist to get my cleaning.. And they sprayed flouride all over my mouth. It was just a rough day for me, my apologies.

2.5 G is fine for a betta, I just wouldn't put it in anything smaller..
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #34 
Shine

Cut the kid some slack. He's obvious trying, working with what he's got and trying to learn a thing or two. If he wasn't trying then the kid would not be here asking for all your "expert" advice. Tell him what he needs to know. I thought Bettafish.com was all about the "support."
Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #35 
countyrd419

Rusty is swimming very comfortable in his 2.5 gallon Aqueon tank. He just has to remember to provide his betta fish with fresh weekly water change and all will be well with him and his fish. Just remember community most of us are tight with money issues too.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #36 
RobertTheFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfriend View Post
My tanks are kept upstairs in my bedroom and mom says I can't have any bigger tanks because they will be too hard for us to handle. I say I agree with her in a way because it is hard enough to lift 2.5 gallons and by the way I can't lift them with water in them anyways they are too heavy so I have to empty them out a little at a time...
Any chance you could upgrade to a 2.5 gallon tank each? That would be a big difference for them.
RobertTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #37 
RobertTheFish

For the record, I have 2 bettas living each in a 1 gallon tank of their own. Glass houses, right?

They are happy and healthy but I have to do 100% weekly WCs which is getting old. Brad is going into a 10 gallon next week with 5 guppies, and Finty will be getting something bigger soon. At least 2.5 gallons all to himself with a snail or something.
RobertTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #38 
sassyfriend

I have an empty 2.5 gallon tank we rinsed it out with blench and its been sitting in the sun on the porch. Would it be ok to put some bettas in it now?

By the way the betta in the pic is Ollie he died this sunday afternoon.
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote