Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #1 
crowntailbettalover

Question ideas 4 tank mates help

i went and got myself a aquamarine colored betta. my niece named him swimmy. he seems lonely. he seems happy and swim+jump when i stick my finger in the tank. he is friendly, doesnt fight or bite. i cant put him with the others bcuz they will eat him. i have 2 buy the swimming fishes 2 eat. i cant put him the the small ones bcuz they r at my sis's shop and i dont want him 2 stay there. i have a 20 gal tank with lots of live plants and corals. i have snails and shrimps and frogs in there but i want him to have a fish friend. i dont want anything 2 nip him though. can u give me some advice?
crowntailbettalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #2 
veganchick

wait, u have him in with corals? Bettas are freshwater! Bettas don't get lonley, but they do get bored. In a 20 gallon you could get him ottos, or cories, or a school of danios, or rasboras, or tetras. You could get a bristlenose pleco cuz they stay small...
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #3 
Cody

I honestly didn't understand half of that.

But to know what you can house it with, we need to know a tank size.

And keep your hands out of the tank unless you absolutley have to put them in.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #4 
Livelifelaughlove

I agree with Cody... I didn't understand that at all!
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Me either! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #6 
Livelifelaughlove

What is a swimming fish? Dont all fish swim? If you are talking about feeding him fish, you don't have to do that either... they can eat pellets...
also, why would another fish eat him? are you talking about really big other fish? if so, you don't have them in the 20 Gallon with him do you?

But if you are looking for tank mates, the general rule is nothing with a long flashy tail or is brightly colored. You may have more luck if you get a fast moving fish that doesn't nip. Then they can get away.

and just because your betta doesn't bite you, doesn't necessarily mean they won't go after another fish...

Don't know if that helped at all, since i guess i don't really understand what you were looking for, or the circumstances... or almost anything...
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #7 
veganchick

yeah, can u specify a bit? lol... not 2 be mean, I just don't really get it either. All I know is that u think ur bettas lonely and u want tankmates for him. Like I said, bettas don't get lonely, but they get bored so in a lage enough tank the are a good idea!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #8 
crowntailbettalover

it turned out it wasnt coral. i did some research and it was only fresh water plants. when they started to turn green i checked it out. oh well. i spent like $100 on those things. his name is swimmy. i tried out some things with him. it turned out, he doesnt bite. i put in some danio tetras. im considering getting a smaller tank 4 him. he is not eating now and lay at the bottom of the tank. he just stay there after i took the danios out. do u think he likes them. should i buy him danios(the danios belong 2 my friend. she had 2 leave 4 a week so i took care of them.) to keep him company?
Old 03-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #9 
crowntailbettalover

my moms scolding me 4 spending so much money on him.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #10 
Cody

You didn't answer ANY of our questions. Please do so if you want help.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote