Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #41 
alwaysaBettaLover

Here is my Sparkey: he has bumped off quite a few scales, and torn his fin one too many times, but he's still a rare gem to me it doesn't really matter to me weather or not we win -but i never had before, so a win is always nice- because being able to show my imperfect betta to the world, and have other people show their bettas as well is enough for me, and knowing that even though sometimes sure, they bump their scales off, or tail bite, or get fin rot, they don't have to be perfect for us to love them as they are.

Name:  DSC_0094_2.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  51.4 KB

Last edited by alwaysaBettaLover; 07-28-2013 at 11:53 AM.
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #42 
TheTrojanBetta

Meet Odysseus! This is him as of today; he has so much more life, color, and personality than when I brought him home almost a month ago! His fins have filled out and his colors have become so much more vibrant. When once he would shy away as soon as I approached his tank, now he swims to the front anytime I enter the room! His one remaining 'imperfection' is his dorsal fin. It's been like this since I got him and I don't quite know how it happened, or if it will ever grow back. But, as do all of us, I love him not regardless of his imperfection, but because of it! He's a trooper and has made so much progress. Besides, I kind of think he looks like Free Willy!
[IMG][/IMG]
TheTrojanBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #43 
TiffanyP

I didn't know there were contests - but I think Gaston would be a good entry for this one :) I rescued Gaston from Walmart Betta Hades on Friday. I've been bit HARD by the betta bug, so even though I told myself "Do NOT go near the fish," I somehow managed to walk by them anyway. I was absolutely disgusted from the conditions of their little cups. Some of the bettas had died and had to have been there for quite some time as their water was the same shade as their scales used to be. But right up front at eye level was this orange pineapple beauty. He looked day and night from the rest of the bettas there. I'd never seen a proper pineapple scaled betta before, nor had I seen an orange one either and yep. Had to have him. Upon picking up his cup he swam around and I saw he had some fin rot, and some slightly frayed and curled fins (which I found out is from hard water). After I picked his cup up there was no way I was putting it down again. So into my cart he went. He's now happily residing in a 5 gallon tank (which I just put him in this morning and he is LOVING it) and his fin rot is being treated. I'm not sure his fins will ever lose their curl, but that's what makes him unique and I love him all the more for it.

So, meet Gaston.
Attached Images

TiffanyP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #44 
registereduser

Contest closed

results Wednesday July 31
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #45 
registereduser

The winner is: kvw1988's ASH!

Congratulations!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #46 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Congratulations kvw1988!!! Ash is such a lovely boy and I can't wait to see how he grows up more!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #47 
kvw1988

This is too cool! Thank you, Ash and I are so excited, well he's always excited lol :D

I'm excited too to see how he grows up, he'll be a neat looking little guy :)

Last edited by kvw1988; 07-31-2013 at 08:46 AM.
kvw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #48 
TheTrojanBetta

Congrats, I think you're right, he's going to be pretty cool looking all grown up. :)
TheTrojanBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:14 AM   #49 
Skyewillow

Congrats to Ash!!!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #50 
kvw1988

Thanks guys :)
kvw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote