Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #1 
artes

Balloon mollies!

Hello. I have a black and white betta named Thief, and I ended up getting him two tank mates in his 10 gallon tank - two balloon lyretail mollies. He has a black/white/orange one, and a pale yellowish orange/white one. They've been living together for over 2 months now, and are getting along perfectly fine. I feed the mollies Omega Super Color Flakes, and the betta gets his Omega Betta pellets, and he also swipes the flake food. All three of them are beautifully colored and getting along perfectly fine.

artes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #2 
Lynzee

That's too cool to see them getting along. =] They're all very beautiful fish. I once tried to keep Mollies and my Betta together [a few years ago] and they just kept nipping at his tail so I had to separate him from the tank. They ended up reproducing lol Go figure! So I had like 60 tiny little fry with 2 adults. I'm sure my Betta wouldn't have been happy in the tank haha But I'm glad to see that somebody has done it! Beautiful Betta by the way! =] Nice job.
Lynzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #3 
artes

Balloon mollies can't swim very fast at all. They just kind of bob through the water, so even if they wanted to chew on Thief's tail, they'd never catch him. Thief appears to have no desire to chew on the mollys' tails, so it seems to all work.
artes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #4 
mybabyjets

there cute :)
mybabyjets is offline   Reply With Quote