Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #21 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Captain Darren~~~~
I walk into my study and put my feet on my desk. The cabin boy stares around the room, dumbfounded. I grin. I do love those idiotic expressions of his. " Well? Start working! This would be your list!" I toss a long list in his general direction and he catches it. I turn my attention to the map. It looks pretty old, with frayed edges, and a yellow tint. Dirt has been smeared all over it, making it almost impossible to read. (can pirates even read?) It looks like most maps, without a few islands, and there is one tiny one at the very bottom that I can hardly see. A big circle has been scratched around it. " Island of The Dead"? Strange name, but it's probably just there to scare others away from whatever is it that island. Again, curiousity bubbles up inside of me.There are also a few sea monsters scattered around the map, and some sirens, yada yada yada. " Probably just for decoration...." I mumble to myself. I here the bell, and put the map into the bottom drawer in my desk, and lock it. " Boy, you can't touch my desk, but everything else I want perfect. If you DID look in it.... well that wouldn't be very fun for you afterwards, now would it?" I say, and walk out for supper.
~~~Richard~~~~
"The captain will only hurt Cyrus if he disobeys orders or is snarky to him. Based on what I saw earlier..." her voice trails off. "I think the captain will have his hands full." she finally says. " Oh...." I say quietly. "About the potion, do you know which island it's in, or city?" I shake my head. " Brother is the one who knows everything about it." I say, hoping I didn't get him into any trouble. "I will talk to you guys later, it's time for supper. Come on Laisy, put Richard back in his cell and then meet me at the table; we'll talk more about it there. I'll try to get you spare food, and we'll meet her tonight at 11:00pm." she says. I droop. I wanted to get out of here. At least I will get some food. I wonder what they had? Something delicious, I'm sure.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #22 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
We could use a villian, couldn't we?
Name: Veronica Venom ( I know, awful name but this was all thrown together at the last minute, and I can't say I'm the best with names! )
Appearance: dark hair with black streaks, ice blue eyes, scars all over face, hand is replaced by hook.
Outfit: silver hook, small golden locket, dark blue tunic, black boots, ripped black tights
Position: (cabin boy, first mate, etc.) Captain of the Nightingale.
Weapon: pistols she keeps on both sides of her belt, and encrusted dagger
Personality: demanding, dark, clever, greedy, slightly on the insane side O_o
Anything Extra: used to be in love, but once she had scars from a horrible incident , the man she loved left her in horror.

~~~Veronica~~~~
I pace back and forth. For years I have been searching for the fountain of youth, the very elixir that could make me beautiful again, or at least remain young. I stalk up to the ship deck, and can barely make out another ship. I recognize that ship! I feel myself fill with anger. The one thing I wanted even more than to be beautiful- revenge. " I will kill him, no- kill them all!" I screech. But for now, I will lie low. I turn to a man steering the ship. " You! See that ship, to the east?" He squints in its direction, then nods. " I want you to follow that ship. Don't get too close... I don't want us to be seen." He nods quickly, and I smile. The sweet nectar of revenge will be mine, and its close at hand. Hawk and all his crew.... will soon die horrible, painful, deaths. I feel giddy already, as I watch the ship from afar. Just you wait.... just you wait....
Old 07-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #23 
Happyhobbit

Bump, bump, bump!
Old 07-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #24 
Happyhobbit

Oh, I forgot something... she covers her face with a mask, with only her eyes showing. Silly me for forgetting that!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #25 
LebronTheBetta

~~ Keira ~~
After supper, I met Richard and Laisy at the lower prison decks. "So.." I look around the room. "Have you mates got any ideas, yet?".
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #26 
Happyhobbit

~~~Richard~~~
I shake my head sadly. " I'm... I'm not quite sure if I want to leave, actually," I quietly say. I shudder, thinking of the orphanage owner's horrible laughter with each crack of the whip. Wherever I go, I will never be safe, I will never have the life back my brother promised we could one day have once again, no matter how much I agree hopefully with him. At least I have some possible friends here, even if they are pirates.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #27 
LebronTheBetta

~~ Keira ~~
Anger swells up in me. "Are you stupid? You actually want to be held prisoner?" I pause. "You know what? Die in here! See if I care!" I stomp out. Thinking he's such a big shot? Who does he think he is? He'll never make a few months!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #28 
Happyhobbit

~~~Richard~~~
Kiera doesn't answer for a moment, then angrily shouts "Are you stupid? You actually want to be held prisoner?" " No, but I-" she interupts angrily. "You know what? Die in here! See if I care!" she yells. " WAIT!!!!" I yell, but I doubt she can hear me anymore. So much for friends... I wish Cyrus was here with me. How's he doing cleaning the captain's study? I lean against the prison wall, lost in thought. I turn to Macy, and she follows Kiera up the stairs, maybe to do some chores.

Last edited by Happyhobbit; 07-14-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #29 
Happyhobbit

*Cyrus*
As I went into Captain Hawk's study, it wasn't hard to tell he didn't go there often. There was a thick line of dust over everything except the desk. The desk was cluttered with papers, a compass and the map. Among the papers and trinkets was a strange gold gleam. I shoved the papers aside to find it was a ring. A gold ring with an diamond.. a wedding ring. In graved on the inside of the ring was some words. To my dear Veronica, I quickly putting in my pocket, the sighed. I had long way to go.
----Later---
My hands are sore from scrubbing. I never knew one room could carry this much dirt. "Are you done yet?" Captain Hawk eagerly asks. "Does it look like it?" I mumble. I get up to get more water, when the ring tumbles out my pocket. His eyes widen. "Where did you get this?!"He picks it up and puts it into his desk. "I-" I start to say. "Keira! Get me my whip."
---Flash back time!----
The whip cracked again. "Cyrus? Promise me something. Promise to remember this whip. Remember the man who held it. So just when you feel free, just when you feel at home, you will remember the pain you felt here. Remember that your a useless, lost, forgotten boy.. just like your parents before you." The whip hit me again. I flinched, and he laughed cruelly. I clenched my fists. I won't forget. How could I? You've told me time and time again."Oh and one more thing.. tell Richard its his turn."
--------------
Old 07-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #30 
Happyhobbit

~~~Capain Darren~~~
Once everyone is done eating, I walk down to my study. I'll be he's barely started! "Are you done yet?" I say. He grumbles a sarcastic remark, and he stands out. With a plink I see a small ring fall out of his pocket, with a small delicate diamond on it. "Where did you get this?!" I roar. "Keira! Get me my whip," I yell, dragging him by the arm as I walk up on deck.How did he get into my desk? I locked it. " I warned you, boy!" I say angrily. I look at the ring with disgust. I don't even know why I still own the flimsy thing. I throw it into the water angrily.

~~~Flashback~~~
I look around cautiously. Where was Veronica? She said she would be here as soon as the doctor permitted. Then I see a woman slowly walking, and her walk breaks into a run. " I have something to tell you!" we say at the same time. I clutch the small ring behind my back. I had it specially engraved just for her. " You first," I say. She nods then hesitates, " Darren.... you know about the accident, do you not?" I nod. What is she leading up to. " You love me! You love me no matter what, right!" I nod slowly, and she relaxes. " Then... don't leave me, Darren," and with a swift movement she removes her hood. My eyes widen, and I turn away in disgust. Her face is horribly mangles, so unlike that beautiful face, that perfect pretty face I knew before. I back away, and break into a run. " DARREN! COME BACK!" she wails. I shudder. The woman I loved, isn't the one I once knew. She was different, she was a monster.