Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #31 
Kim

Jeesh Emmnemms, that doesn't sound fun! I am thankfully mostly healthy besides the injuries that I have brought upon myself (I'm probably the only 16 yr old that stretches this much to get the kinks out lol). My worst fear is being incapacitated or inhibited in movement in any way. I don't do well depending on others at all and I NEED to move so I really get shaken up at the thought of being out of the action.

Regarding stupid people.....jeesh, where to start! I am totally ok with people needing to ask lots of questions...hey, it's way better that way than to have dead fish. My issue is with those people that should have researched BEFORE they bought a living creature, but don't because they're too lazy. Everyone needs their share of noob questions (heck, I'm going to make a post about my DIY co2 system right now- which is working great BTW!!) but you don't need to waste people's time asking questions that it would take no effort at all to look up on the internet and get a black and white answer. To me, if you are going to ask a question on a forum, it should be because there is no easy or "correct" answer out there (or in the stickies!) and you want advice from people who have actual experience. Such as "my betta has fin rot, I have tries this medication which my research suggests should work, and it did not work. Is there a medication that you would recommend which has worked for you in the past?" or "I am getting conflicting answers on this question. Could anyone clear this up for me?" not "dude, my bettas not swimming anymore. whats wrong with it" And then there are the people that some nice person writes up a huge, detailed response for and they still continue doing things the wrong way because it's easier for them. I hate those people!! Ok, mini rant over ;)

And I think people have been like that since the beginning of time. It's just since we become more knowledgeable ourselves that we notice it more.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #32 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm probably one of those lazy people who have asked questions instead of looking it up myself. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #33 
Livelifelaughlove

My problem is that i over research, and then find thousands of answers, but they always conflict each other... that and my fish are spoiled... and i can't make up my mind
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

I do research sometimes but not extensively.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #35 
Livelifelaughlove

Oh I research everything to death...
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #36 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmnemms View Post
Oh I research everything to death...
Me too! But, sometimes you just need experience. That's what I mean by a good question. One that you have researched, but you really need some firsthand advice.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

Some of my advice isn't firsthand. lol Its what I've read.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #38 
Kim

That's al lright, some of mine is that way too ;) Ultimately, it's up to the owner to decide what they believe is logical and all we can do is try our best to provide accurate info even if we haven't had the real firsthand experience. It would take many, many years to have enough tanks to be able to answer all questions from our own experience!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #39 
dramaqueen
Banned

Whats nice about this forum is that we can ask people who do have firsthand experience about stuff.Like cycling a tank. lol
Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #40 
Kim

And planting a tank! That one had me really stumped for a while! Sometimes you just can't get the whole picture no matter how much research you do.