Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #21 
Viva

My longer finned girls definitely have more torn up fins but I think my filter did some of the damage honestly. I didn't have any nylon over it for a while because it kept falling off. I finally have it on there now (I hope). All my plakat girls have perfect fins besides some tears in the caudal.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #22 
Janan

Trouble is in her time-out cup again. She and Queen B just don't get along at all. The rest of the girls are doing well. Just exploring the tank and occasionally a quick spurt chase and then going their own way. One or two more tries with Trouble and then she will get the honor of having her own tank.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #23 
Janan

This is the girl I named Trouble. She looks like a shark, doesn't she? Little stinker.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #24 
Mar

She is so adorable!!! Hard to believe she's the cause of sorority uproar xD
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #25 
snowflake311

That's one very cool fish and so cute. You have good taste in fish.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #26 
Viva

Trouble is beautiful. I really wanted a blue dragon for my sorority but didn't find any at the time I got my other AB girls.The name Trouble suits her.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #27 
Janan

Trouble now has the honor of having her own home. She had a fixation on Queen B, swimming next to her constantly, flaring and nipping at her pectorals. It was stressing me big time so no telling what it was doing for Queen B.

With her out, the sorority has a better chance of co-existing without doing each other in. There are enough hiding places and exploring places to keep them entertained and safe.

Now I can concentrate on the water quality. I'm pushing it to keep the corey cats. Experienced people please weigh in to the wisdom of keeping them. Do they provide enough benefit as cleaners? Right now, they are very young so they are small. I know according to AqAdvisor, they will eventually be too big for a 12 gallon tank. Should I return them to the LFS and get a mystery snail instead? Return them and get nothing?

Your advice will be appreciated.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #28 
snowflake311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janan View Post
Trouble now has the honor of having her own home. She had a fixation on Queen B, swimming next to her constantly, flaring and nipping at her pectorals. It was stressing me big time so no telling what it was doing for Queen B.

With her out, the sorority has a better chance of co-existing without doing each other in. There are enough hiding places and exploring places to keep them entertained and safe.

Now I can concentrate on the water quality. I'm pushing it to keep the corey cats. Experienced people please weigh in to the wisdom of keeping them. Do they provide enough benefit as cleaners? Right now, they are very young so they are small. I know according to AqAdvisor, they will eventually be too big for a 12 gallon tank. Should I return them to the LFS and get a mystery snail instead? Return them and get nothing?

Your advice will be appreciated.
What kind of Cory cats and how many do you? The tank is a 10gal right? Pygmy Cory cats are so cute and might be better for your tanks.

I have been keep and even bred Cory cats in a 10gal but with no other fish. They don't get too big but do need to be in grounds . 3 or 4 would be fine in a 10gal but will all the bettas you are getting a little over stocked.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #29 
Janan

My aquarium is a tall 10 gallon, so it is actually very close to 12 gallons. Now that I've taken Trouble out, there are 7 female betta and 4 cory cats, 3 are albino and 1 is a panda. My LFS would let me bring them back and exchange them for pigmies if I needed to.

Oh, and by the way, one of my albino cories leapt out of the aquarium today! He was swimming up and down, each time breaking the surface of the water. Then, he suddenly flew right out of the aquarium. I'm so glad I just happened to be watching!

Last edited by Janan; 07-15-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #30 
Viva

Since corys like to be in groups of four i'd get four of the same type. Different species of corydoras usually won't shoal together so it could be very stressful to the lone panda. I believe albino corydoras are bronze corydoras which are different than the panda species. Pygmy corys stay in the middle of the tank rather than the bottom so i'd say another albino instead of the panda would be the best. I heard panda corys are a little less hardy than bronze/green corys.