Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #1 
Namialus

VitaChem?

Since I'm the extremely worrying type of person, and I am always worrying about my betta, I wanted to get him something to make him healthier and stronger and to help me feel a bit more calm. Nothing is wrong with him (but I keep suspecting things) so I thought, "what better way to heal him from his mysterious problems (which are probably non-existent) than with some vitamins?" Has anyone tried VitaChem on their bettas? Does it work? I'm reading good reviews.

I've stopped adding salt and ParaGuard to the tank because I think I may have stressed him out too much, and so to aid him from my foolishness, I thought adding VitaChem would help. Should I add some? I'm going out in the morning and I could stop by my LFS to get some.
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #2 
LittleBlueFishlets

I've heard excellent things about Vitachem. One person on this forum (Callistra) has highly recommended it to a lot of people, and said that she has had excellent results with it, too.

I've looked at the ingredients, and I'd say that it certainly won't hurt your fish, and it may very well help strengthen his immune system. (Fish vitamins!)

(On the other hand, I wouldn't use any type of salts or ParaGuard on a regular basis. Save those things for times when they're needed.)
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #3 
Namialus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
I've heard excellent things about Vitachem. One person on this forum (Callistra) has highly recommended it to a lot of people, and said that she has had excellent results with it, too.

I've looked at the ingredients, and I'd say that it certainly won't hurt your fish, and it may very well help strengthen his immune system. (Fish vitamins!)

(On the other hand, I wouldn't use any type of salts or ParaGuard on a regular basis. Save those things for times when they're needed.)
Yes, I'm going to try and get the VitaChem tomorrow.

About the salt and ParaGuard, I was being a fool with that. Thanks to this forum, I stopped.

So I'm going to add the vitamins daily... yay!
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #4 
Nicci Lu

I add Vitachem to the tank every week. I stopped trying to add it to food because my VT refuses to eat it. I don't blame him, it smells awful. I've noticed a difference in my corys' coloring, too- they just look healthier.

Anyways, my VT was a tailbiter and I swear that it has helped him regenerate fins more quickly. But then, I also use IAL all the time and Stressguard (for a week after any bites), so I can't say for sure which has helped.
Nicci Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I don't think that VitaChem is a daily thing, more like a weekly but I can't be too sure as I haven't used it yet or done too much research on it. I do plan on getting some though, I've heard wonderful things about it as well!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote