Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #1 
Livelifelaughlove

I switched their tanks

So since Sushi was seeming to be afraid of his big tank, i put Surimi in the 5 gallon and Sushi in the 2 gallon. Its insane! Even though Sushi is 3 times the size, i think that he doesn't like having so much open in his tank. Now that he is in the 2 gallon he swims everywhere, watches me when i am in the room, and kinda hangs out. unlike in the 5 gallon where he hid the entire time, with filter on or off.

and surimi seems to like the bigger tank as well. He didn't hide at all, rather explored every nook and cranny.

Lol, his tank is on my desk, right next to my mirror where i put on my make-up and he will sit there watching me put it on... its kinda stalkerish...lol.

So they seem much better. Haven't turned on the filter in Surimi's tank yet, thinking i would let him get settled a little before hand...

Im looking to put a shrimp or two in the tanks, but the shrimp are $4 a piece down here! Im going to get some wednesday when i go to Eugene, sinc they are only like $1 up there! I don't want to buy a shrimp that may become a snack at $4 a piece!
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #2 
Livelifelaughlove

Lol uit was kinda funny. I forgot i have to turn off the light on sushi's tank when i leave the room or they attack their reflection constantly. So i accidently forgot and left it on, and left. I came like 2 hours later, and he was so worn out, but he was still trying to attack the reflection! oops lol. ANd then so i turned off the light for a while, and then turned it back on when i started for bed... He decided his bubbles were foe rather than friend... It was really funny to watch him attack and chase the bubbles! Surimi would just stare up watching them...
Old 03-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Its funny that he would attack his own bubbles. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #4 
Kim

What a goof! Mine all seem to enjoy their lights and act rather lethargic if I leave them off. I'm glad they both like their new homes - seems like everything worked out really well :)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #5 
Livelifelaughlove

Yep, and I got a new filter for Surimi's tank, and he seems ok with it, and then got 3 ghost shrimp for his tank and 2 for Sushi's. Though one in Surimi's is preggers >-| and is going to be taken out till she lays her eggs. Surimi is a little curious/scared of them. He would watch them and kinda chase them, when he got close enough he would nudge one, but i think one pinched him and now he keeps a respectful distance. While Sushi doesn't snap at them, but chases them around from their home constantly...

So no signs of them trying to eat them, thank goodness. I did end up getting them from walmart since it was the only place that carried them. But no fish was dead in the tank, and it seemed pretty clean and healthy so hopefully all will be fine! And i paid $.26 each, can't complain! rather than the $4 each they charged down here!