Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #1 
JamieL

Frozen brine shrimp vs frozen baby brine shrimp?

Is there a neater way to feed BBS?? I have them for my juvenile betta, but they're just so messy. He darts around and eats them but they still go all over the place. I've never seen the regular frozen brine shrimp, would they be easier to control when feeding, now that he's a little larger? I also feed frozen daphnia, frozen BW and NLS pellets, which are all easier to control. if even the adult brine shrimp are messy is there something else I can get frozen for variety that would be easy?
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #2 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieL View Post
Is there a neater way to feed BBS?? I have them for my juvenile betta, but they're just so messy. He darts around and eats them but they still go all over the place. I've never seen the regular frozen brine shrimp, would they be easier to control when feeding, now that he's a little larger? I also feed frozen daphnia, frozen BW and NLS pellets, which are all easier to control. if even the adult brine shrimp are messy is there something else I can get frozen for variety that would be easy?
How are you feeding it?
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #3 
JamieL

I smash the cube in a ziploc baggie and scoop out a small amount with a little rubber spoon, let it defrost for a few minutes. then when he sees the spoon he swims up, and with the less messy stuff, like bloodworms, he eats it right off the spoon. Or the pellets float off the spoon and he chomps them from there. But the BBS just spreads all over the tank.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #4 
NeptunesMom

Try using an eye dropper instead of the spoon. It will allow you more control of how much to release into the water.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #5 
JamieL

i'll try that, thanks! I can probably buy one at a drugstore, yes? I was looking for one a few weeks ago at target and couldn't find one. I'd hate to have this whole pack of brine shrimp go to waste because it's so damn messy in the tank. He would probably eat it right from the dropper, he's very curious and has no fear.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #6 
NeptunesMom

All mine will eat it right from the dropper. I get mine at Wal-Greens. It took me forever to find it, and I finally had to ask someone to help me. It was in one of those places that is right in front of you, but not in with anything that looks like it. Every time I go get more it still takes me forever to find it, even though I know the area its in.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #7 
JamieL

thats how i felt in target!! I'm thinking ok...this is TARGET. they have EVERYTHING. I just couldn't find it for the life of me.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #8 
bettaman12

I have a cone worm feeder i got online for 3 bucks and it is amazing! you put the worms in (live or frozen) and there are little holes for the fish to suck the worms out of!
bettaman12 is offline   Reply With Quote