Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #1 
RowdyBetta

Re-arranging help?

Here's what it's currently like. Any ideas? xD I don't know where to put my java moss since I removed the driftwood.

-Rowdy
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #2 
RiceFish

What look are you trying to aim for?? Try googling dutch or iwgami stye tanks for some inspiration iwagami. Other than that I would try to arrange my plants by foreground, midground and then background. Try attaching the java moss to something just so that it doesn't seem to be all over the place.
RiceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #3 
Draug Isilme

Agreed with RiceFish! Iwagami/Aquascaping is a form of art and it helps to rearange plants and objects by back, mid, and foreground. Like I see there's a stray wisteria plant in the foreground right corner. It might help to adjust it to the back so you're able to take in the tank visually as a whole. Having a tall plant directly in the front can cover up a good amount of space behind it which you could instead be utilizing.
I think maybe if you move the thermometer (if you can) it will look more open. Sometimes it just takes that one adjustment to make a difference.
As for the java moss, I'd definitely say find something to attach to it.. I know you said you removed your driftwood, which I'm sure is a shame, but maybe if you replace it with another piece of driftwood or even use some plastic mesh you can actually make a carpet of java moss that way. or even getting some rocks.
I'm also curious if that floaty tube is a piece of plastic mesh? If so I love the idea <3 That'd be a very interesting place to tie your moss too- imagine it growing around the tube and how cool that might look ^.^ (that is, if that piece resting inside it isn't already attatched to it).
Otherwise, your tank is nice already, it just seems like it needs a smidge of arrangement here and there
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #4 
jesssan2442

maybe you could attach the moss to some rocks! I've heard of people using moss as a back ground they attach the moss to craft mesh and place it straight up against the tank wall!

I think you need a pop of color as well so maybe a terra cotta pot or something along that color spectrum!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #5 
Skyewillow

I would just attach the Java Moss to the hammocks. It would help them blend in a bit.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #6 
RowdyBetta

Yes, Draug Isilme, that's a mesh tube I created - they love sleeping and resting in them. And they're way cheaper to make than buying a betta log! XD

Thanks everyone so much for your suggestions and ideas! For the meantime, here's what I've done. (See pic) I had to old ceramic bird dishes so I washed those out very well and stuck the java moss inside. And I replanted the water wisteria. I'm a little short on space, but I'm happy with this...for now. XD. I really want a 10 gallon to mess with - try some of those things with rocks and oh my gosh, those iwagami aquascapes! *jawdrop*
Attached Images

RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #7 
Draug Isilme

Well done! It already looks like there's much more space than the previous picture ^.^ And your bettas seem like they're having a good ole time floopty-dooing in the extra space!

On a side note, I'm gonna have to try making the tube xD I love the idea of betta logs, but they're just not practical material for what they should be.... My betta loved his log, but I had to get rid of it cause it just started deteriorating... waste of money and my betta lost a favorite hidey-hole...
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #8 
Lamb

Nice! :) You can try to put the taller plants in the back, and smaller ones up front to fill in some of the space there. :)
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote