Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #1 
fishyinpa

Unhappy Not 100% better...Morado

Well as some of you know, I have been treating Morado with antibacterial fish food. The 10th day is tomorrow. His face and belly do look better,but not 100%. There still is discoloration. Looks greenish like mold still. His stomach area doesnt look as white as it did before or swollen.

Now though I noticed he has a light red/maybe white (not sure,but its lighter than the rest of him) spot on his head. I didnt see it yesteday. Could he have just bumped it on something? All he has in his tank is his bridge,silk plant,filter and heater. He does like too swim behind the filter and heater. His gills are odd too. On the one side it looks normal,but on the other it looks like there is hardly a gill at all. I can see the area move a bit,as he is breathing or w/e. But i hardly see any *skin* as it were. Im thinking it mightve not been there the whole time. Im pretty sure it hasnt in fact.

He rarely flares,so I can try and see if I can make him do it. See if his gills do open or not. But im thinking it got eaten away by whatever is on his face. He had this since before I got him. I started the meds when after a couple weeks noticed it wasnt looking any better.

Just wondering what yall thought. I know I dont want overmedicate him. So once he is done with his meds,ill hold off on doing anything else other than water changes. Would more frequent wcs make a difference? I do maybe twice a week,50%.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #2 
catfishtabbi

There are water additives that treat skin problems. If you do water changes with tap water NOVAQUQ+ is a good product, to help boost fishs' immune system . There is a med just for bettas too called BETTAMAX it's a multi treatment product. If no meds are being used a tea spoon of aquarium salt per gallon will promote slime coat. in the past i used aq saly will all my bettas and never had any skin problems.
catfishtabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #3 
fishyinpa

Oh okay thanks! I just dont want to overmedicate him,ya know? Since he is just getting done with these meds. I might try the aquarium salt though. How often do you think i should do wcs on him? I dont want to overload him with salt either lol. I know too much can be bad for them. Eventually ill have to do a 100% wc to get it all out.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have no idea what it could be but I sure hope you find some answers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #5 
fishyinpa

Ya me too! Maybe he just got stuck on something. Or behind the heater/filter. I dunno. Ill keep an eye on it.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #6 
catfishtabbi

If your doing 50% Wcs then add salt on the fourth (4th) change.
catfishtabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

How is Morado doing?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #8 
fishyinpa

Oh hey. sorry i havent been back. Well whatever the spot on his was,is fading away. So i dunno what that is. Other than that,he still has some kinda moldy looking stuff on his face. It doesnt look as bad as it did awhile ago. His tummy looks better,color is coming back into it. His gills still look like they got burned off or something,I dunno. He is still a happy though. He eats,swims around,all that. No flaring though,maybe it hurts to flare?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

It sounds like he's doing better if some of his color is coming back. He's probably ok if he's eating and swimming ok.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #10 
fishyinpa

Yah. I just feel bad he still has that stuff on his face. Maybe in time with wcs and salt he will get better. I dont want to overdo the medicated food. If it doesnt get better maybe within a week ill start him back on it.