Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #1 
Alaura123

Question 10 gallon at PSP, and questions

So since Market Basket came back, my mom wanted me to go with her , and I never noticed it before, but when we pulled in, some distance away there was a Pet Supplies Plus. Of course I figured there were bettas there, and aquarium supplies, so I asked if I could go in after her grocery shopping spree. When I went in I didn't expect the betta supply to be that bad, but there were not many of them at all. The cups had gravel, but almost all the labels were wrong, there were only like 10ish of them, and there were mostly veiltails, crowntails, and deltas (labeled as halfmoons). Their cups did look clean and they were just a bit clamped. I did see a lot of wilds in different tanks, and lots of other cute animals.

But the thing that made me very excited, was the dollar for a gallon tanks. I am really thinking of getting a 10 gallon once I get my own room, with more space to put it. But the thing is that they don't have tops, or filters.... so is it worth it? Can I get a filter separately? Or can I make a filter somehow? I want to either put a sorority(is this unrecommended for an unfiltered tank?), or split it and put 2 males in.

Last edited by Alaura123; Yesterday at 07:06 PM.
Alaura123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #2 
legos008

Get a spoung filter they are like 5 bucks. And I don't have a top on mine and it looks grait.
legos008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #3 
Alaura123

Thanks so much I will definitely look for one.
I'm not so much worried as how it looks, its just the jumping that worries me. I suppose I could make one out of something, or use a storage bin container lid. But my males only jump for food, and one of my females jumps whenever I open her tank lid.... so I don't think I can put her in. (she is really tiny anyway for a sorority.)
Old Today, 08:47 AM   #4 
legos008

Well my beta has never jumped out of the tank. But if you want look for a reptile top for a tank, they are wire mesh and don't stick out on top.
legos008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:24 AM   #5 
Veloran

Glass canopy
DIY Glass top
Dollar per gallon is usually want PetCo/Petsmart has the tanks for when they're on sale, it's a good price. I always like to keep a lid on the tank as these guys are great escape artists. You could keep them in the tank if you kept the water level low enough, but imagine how you'd feel if you found your pet on the floor one morning from a lidless tank.

For filters, you have tons and tons of options.
Veloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:43 PM   #6 
hgual22

They have aquarium hoods with attached LED lights at walmart for like $10. Then you can buy a filter and heater seperately. It might be a better deal to do a 20gal though. The sorority would have more room and really paying $20 for a 20gal is great!
hgual22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:58 PM   #7 
Alaura123

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgual22 View Post
They have aquarium hoods with attached LED lights at walmart for like $10. Then you can buy a filter and heater seperately. It might be a better deal to do a 20gal though. The sorority would have more room and really paying $20 for a 20gal is great!
Thanks, I will look for everything when I have the space, and start to set everything up. I actually would like to get both a 10 and a 20. It would be an even better deal! The 2.5 gallon I got at Petsmart was almost the same price too.
Old Today, 01:10 PM   #8 
kjg1029

I bouht a bare ten gallon. I added a hob filter and sawran wrap for a topc:. I have 2 males in each of my ten gallons and I used kinitting or crochet mesh?(3.50) From wlmart and tiny zipties(2$) 2 packs of plastic rulers from dollar tree (2$) and suction cups!:) I put 2 dividers in the middle and put the heater\filter in there and poof a lovly betta home
(sorry for speeling errorsxD)
kjg1029 is online now   Reply With Quote