Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #1 
Mermen

Exclamation Planted?? I need HELP!!!

Hi I just rescued a betta from Meijers yesterday, he is now living in my Aqueon evolve 8 Gallon with the Led light it came with. It is really more of a 6.5 gallon with the built in filter in the back. I usually put a sponge on the filter output and more sponges behind the intake of the filter cause i noticed the curent was running very fast. I have recently thought about using sand instead of gravel, and wanted to use some Live plants. I curently only have 1 moss ball, and a few live plants. i also wanted to incourrperate a clay pot in as well. Can anyone give me some advice on some beginer plants? Is my Led light ok for plants? I really like the moss that floats on the top ( saw it in a few pics on-line) anyone know what that is?? Thank you!
Mermen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #2 
tankman12

You can put a clay pot in, just wash it. For some beginner plants; anubus, java moss, jace fern, and christmass tree moss. They are all impossible to kill plants. But make sure to tie them to something. some plants that you can get for floaters are duckweed, frogbit, or dwarf water lettuce.
Posted via Mobile Device
tankman12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #3 
Mermen

Thank you! does it matter if they are in gravel or sand?? I have like 10,000 questions lol. Never had live plants before in any tank!! Would Jacks pets or like pets mart be able to help with plant questions or should I go to an aquarium store?? We have one in columbus Ohio, about 1 hour away from me!
Old 07-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #4 
tankman12

If you just get those plants no. I dont know what jacks pets is, and usually petsmart people have no idea what they are talking about. Just post all your questions here or PM me and I will answer them if you want.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #5 
Mermen

Thank you, I will probably have a bunch more!!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #6 
tankman12

No problem!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #7 
Mermen

do you know if the river stones at hobby lobby are safe. they said they have a water soluable coating??
Old 07-26-2014, 06:34 PM   #8 
tankman12

There are non of those stores around me. But i would say get the ones at your lfs or even take some from outside and boil them. But i used the some shell pack at michaels for my shell dweller tank, (boiled them) and all is good. So if you want get them. But to answer your question, I dont know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by tankman12; 07-26-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Tags
beginer, betta, help betta fish, plants