Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #1 
InsertCheesecake

Miniature car ornaments?

Yeah okay.. These aren't ornaments but they're like Hot Wheels except its from a better company. I have successfully tested them in water, there is no 'strange' substance of coat layering on top or paint flaking. And yes with my choice I have chosen a few that have smooth edges and not sharp ones.

Heres an example

The company is called "Takara Tomy" ~ this is their product line called "Tomica"

Hm, just thought I would present Nomi something that moved him to his new home.
InsertCheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:48 PM   #2 
TerriGtoo

Wow! you're brave! I would be afraid something would leach out of them. Let us know how it goes.
TerriGtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:24 AM   #3 
InsertCheesecake

Brave? nope just curious and sometimes smart. With the right thing you could accomplish anything. Just remember to test it before doing it.

I'll try to soak them again just to see.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:28 AM   #4 
CustardCatfish

Have you considered painting it with some marine sealant? Just incase?

I had to file down a few ornaments and the smell was insanely awful. I painted those bits over with sealant and wham bam thankyou ma'am. No problems.
CustardCatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:39 AM   #5 
CustardCatfish

Double trouble
Old 05-16-2015, 03:35 AM   #6 
takumi4

I collect Takara Tomys. They are a great brand and feature fantasy cars from movies and games that are gorgeous.

With that said... I don't really think their products are safer than hot wheels (which i collect as well).

A word of advice, some of these cars have metal parts and screws that rust overtime. Not a good thing to have in an aquarium/fish tank.
takumi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:48 AM   #7 
InsertCheesecake

Oh yeah. specially its spring system. Oh well I guess it can only be kept outside of his tank. :P was planning to make a post-apocalyptic themed tank with some buildings n stuff.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:04 AM   #8 
CustardCatfish

There are plenty of ruined/intact car ornaments. I'm sure that you could find a well made one, somewhere!
Old 05-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #9 
BettaStarter24

I've wanted to get Dean a little model 1967 black Chevy Impala for a while but haven't been able to find 1) a model of one small enough and 2) an aquarium safe model
BettaStarter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #10 
InsertCheesecake

I don't think there will EVER be, unless you want to make it yourself which would just end up... Cardboard n plastic and.. Color paint all messed up over a car-looking box.

What about those plastic model toy cars that were made to be assembled together with thinner (or also known as thin cement in scale modeling) Yes, I am a modeler but stuck at a point I can't even open up the box and fix the scale model. Search/Google this : 1/72 scale model cars

It could be put together with this "cement" (not really cement but acts like it) The cement is the part where I think is kind of poisonous in water??? I don't really know. But aquarium sealant could be a switch (not so sure either..) You don't have to paint the model but if you want to you should spray a coat of something to keep it from flaking.