Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2015, 03:06 AM   #1 
MeredithNa

Advice with dividing a tank

Hello!

I will be buying a new 2ft rank with roughly the same dimensions as my 66L one. I am going to divide it and put Larry and Harry in together. I need some advice on several things.

Larry is "ohmygodIwantattentiongivemeattentionrrrraaaarrrgg ghhhI'mbeingaggressivebecauseIknowyoulikemetobefoo dgivemefoodrrraaarrrggghhh!!!!!"
Meanwhile Harry is more like "I'm goingtoATTACKYOU... No I'm not! Run away!"

They are both very friendly fish and Larry would certainly enjoy having a friend to flare at and I think Harry would too as he was super aggressive in the fish store. However, Harry is quite shy too. Is this a dangerous combination?

Also, how would you divide it? I don't know what I would use to divide it. Is plastic mesh that you use for cross stitch ok? Will they be able to see each other? I am planning on putting some red cherry shrimps in there as well and I want to use mesh with holes big enough to allow them to cross the border. Where would I get that from? Don't worry, I'm going to put lots of hidey holes, Java Moss and vast amounts of plants in both sides to keep everyone happy.

Harry hates water flow so I will put the filter on Larry's side (when I had a filter that was way too strong for Larry's tank, he had heaps of fun riding the perpetual roller coaster). It's the same filter as my 66L tank but according to aqadvisor it isn't big enough. Should I put a slightly weaker filter in Harry's side or should I just leave it be?

I already have aquarium safe silicone, so I will use that. Is there anything that I should know about before I glue in the divider?

Sorry for all the questions. I don't want to miss anything.

Thanks.

Meredith
MeredithNa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:37 AM   #2 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Lots of us do it this way:

DIY Dividers

Easy to cut access holes for the shrimp. Light colors are harder to see through than dark.

Last edited by Hallyx; 04-12-2015 at 06:39 AM.
Hallyx is online now   Reply With Quote