Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #71 
BettaPrincess13

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=12196461

Top Fin Red Betta Bridge

I loved this bridge and so did Carl but after a month of having it i noticed the paint was bubbling up. I just did a water change this morning and I decided to take it out and see if it was something I should just toss. Yep when I took it out I noticed paint had chipped off into my tank. I tossed it. it didn't smell like paint but it just didn't look like something safe for my tank. I loved this bridge but its not worth my fishes health. I saw another bridge I might look into buying and hopefully it won't be a disappointment. I really liked this ornament :/

anyone have this bridge that knows if this is a good ornament to put in my tank? it looks like a nice bridge without a lot of paint that might be safer than the red one I had

http://www.petco.com/product/114630/...-Ornament.aspx

Last edited by BettaPrincess13; 07-25-2013 at 09:56 AM.
BettaPrincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #72 
GeorgeNC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2000 View Post

I have heard multiple accounts of this having a metal wire in it that will GUT their fish if they lay on it. I've obviously never bought it.
I have this in my tank! And my betta loves it, I don't see a wire so I hope they're safe now

Last edited by GeorgeNC1; 07-25-2013 at 11:32 PM.
GeorgeNC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #73 
ForbiddenSecrets

I'm going to call this a maybe dangerous. Some people reported it leeching or peeling paint however I've had it for two years and never had a problem with that.

I will say however that it did have a strange sharp bit on the inside that was easily removed. If you get it just make sure you check it for random pointy bits.
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #74 
Flyby Stardancer

I pulled this out of my QT tank today, because it was starting to smell bad. It's staying just outside the tank, instead.

I have the blue one.
Flyby Stardancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #75 
Hopeseeker

Has anyone heard if the Zoomed Betta Log gets toxic after the paint sorta melts off? I really don't like them, they always come with at least 1 rough edge and have to be replaced every few months, because of the paint situation. I would do away with them completely, but my tailbiter adores hiding in it when he does his flaring exercise. He just loves to battle his reflection on the glass of his part of the aquarium...lol!
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:32 AM   #76 
HeadlessLegoMom

I just got a betta log yesterday and Buttercup seems to like it. He bites his tail whenever we go out for more than 2 hours, so I was trying to give him more things to do. The paint starts to peel off???
HeadlessLegoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:51 AM   #77 
Skyewillow

Hope seekers and headlesslego mom, have either of you tried craft mesh tubes?

I'm currently working on my personal tailbiter's issues and ended up making him a "cottage from perler beads to get him to stop.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:57 AM   #78 
HeadlessLegoMom

What are perler beads? What about having a cottage made him stop? Do you have a picture?
HeadlessLegoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:59 AM   #79 
tngirl92

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but the Top Fin Pineapple with Umbrella has bubbly paint after just a few weeks. No idea how it affected our fish, but it definitely clouded the water and gave it a funky smell. Too bad, because it's super cute.

tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #80 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessLegoMom View Post
What are perler beads? What about having a cottage made him stop? Do you have a picture?
I have a thread about it right here.

Some bettas do it out of stress, the cottage gave him someplace to feel secure.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote