i have had an amazing experience with almost all fish. my family happens 2 be a fish loving family and im the same. my personal biggest experience is bettas.
1. to breed a betta, buy a healthy female and male. make sure u no their age.breeding age=no more that 1 and ahalf yrs old. starting 2 be more is harder 2 breed or cant breed. 9 months is best.dont buy the female 2 smaller or larger than the male. about half his size. abit bigger like half a cm.
2. let the male start building his bubble nest and finishing it.
3. when he is finished, introduce them by putting them in the same tank but seperate by a glass screen or plastic. after 3 hours, take away the screen. if he tears or hurt her 2 badly seperate them. if he wrap himself around her after nipping or kinda biting her, sperate them. wait till u can see eggs inside of her then take away the screen if from b4 he wrapped himself around her.
4. might be a bit more nipping and biting but if her wraps himself aroung her get ready to take her out. he will squeeze all of the eggs out. then when he lets go to pick up the egg take her out.
5. u should be expecting about 100 babies. some dont survive. in about 3 days the eggs hatch. u should get abot 90 small bowls. about 2 in. from bottom to up and across.
6. keep the male with the babies for 2 days. u should breed in a medium size tank. put the male in a diff container than female.
7. boil eggs and take the boiled yolk and smash it. put in a small portion of the smashed yolk.
8. in about a week take out the babies and put them in their own container.(2 in. width, height, and length.
9. enjoy ur babies. remember, some dont survive. u could sell them at 3 month old. good enough profit. u can rebreed ur bettas a couple more time with each other but follow these same steps. u can reuse the bowls 2! enjoy