Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #1 
Thothgirl

Good Morning!

I am from New Orleans and about 2 months ago got my first Betta fish. We named him Maxx (my husband is a TERRIBLE punster) and this site has helped allot with information gathering to make sure he is a happy healthy fish.

We recently moved him to a 10 gallon tank and have been debating weather or not to turn it into a community tank. I have decided on getting some Corys mostly because I am pretty sure Ghost Shrimp will constitute snack as opposed to tank mate for Maxx.

Also we have three Ferrets (a 4 years old black eyed Albino named Koan, a 3 year old sable male named Bear and a 2 year old sable female name Zee) who rule our household with an iron fist. I figured I would mention them now because I do tend to bring them up. They are only vaguely aware that Maxx exists and I am trying very hard to keep it that way. Though when I was cycling the new tank they were ballistic trying to get in to see what in the world was going on.

Thank you for all the great info and I hope I can contribute something to the site!
Thothgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Hello, and welcome to the forum! :D
I love ferrets, I want one but don't at the same time. xD Don't some smell pretty bad?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #3 
Thothgirl

Ish. They do have a smell, but it isn't over whelming IF you clean there litter daily and replace it weekly and don't give them baths. once a year is about normal for Ferrety baths. They smell worse the more you try to clean them. Kinda counterintuitive.

They are alike having 2 year olds around and they ALL have different personalities. Koan is high strung and picky, Bear is the Lord and Master and we exist to serve him. Zee is a pain. I love her, I wouldn't trade her for the world, but she is mouthy and believes in waking us up by biting our toes. she is also the most active of the three. they have short attention spans but also they are VERY determined to do what ever they set there mind too.

They have very poor eyesight but great sense of smell. so far they have shown interest in the tank but not in Maxx.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #4 
BettaLover1313

Welcome to the forum!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #6 
Janan

Thanks for the ferret lesson! That was interesting. Their behavior reminds me of the bird I had once. The world existed to entertain him. If you didn't give him attention when he wanted, well... you would give him attention. Even bad attention is attention. And also, an eternal 2 yr. old. Too smart for his britches.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #7 
Thothgirl

How do you add an image? got some good pics of Maxx and his tank.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. I enjoyed hearing about your ferrets. I had a friend a long time ago that had two of them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #9 
Shine

Welcome Aboard.
Shine is offline   Reply With Quote