Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #11 
Sisgroves

Cosmos seems to be taking to his plant as well. I wanna get him a thicker one, but he was sitting on the one he has the couple times I woke up last night and looked. He makes me smile ^.^
Sisgroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

They'll wrap themselves right around your heart. lol They have such great personalities.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #13 
veganchick

looks great! You have such a pretty betta! Just a heads up they have 10g tanks at petco for only $11! I have the same gravel that you do in my 2.5g! Your betta is so cute and little! :)
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #14 
Sisgroves

They really do. At night when I have my desk lamp on I think he sees his reflection in the side and fans out his tail and face to try and look scary. Anytime the camera comes out he seems to hide behind the plant. He actually did go into the votive a few times now. The first time scared him cause he tried to go out the back and couldn't find the way out.

Hmm. I'm not sure I have a Petco around me. There is a Petsmart about 35 minutes away, but I'm not sure about a Petco. I'll have to look into it.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a Petsmart within walking distance of my house. Most of my bettas have come from there. Petco has halfmoons but I don't have a Petco near me.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #16 
Sisgroves

I never knew how active and fun bettas were before cause I had only seen them in the tiny tanks, but I love just watching him flitting around the tank and through the plants.

He eats next to nothing cause hes so small. I put two in twice a day at first and he only ate 2 for the day.

I love watching him going to the top and getting air and blowing bubbles.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

Maybe start out feeding him 2-3 pellets a day, then increase it to 2 pellets twice a day.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #18 
veganchick

when mine don't eat they get some bloodworms! hmmm I think petsmart might be more expensive, but I'm not sure... I haven't been there in a while..... Anyway, a larger tank would def be worth a little drive! You can go to petco.com and look up where the closest one is..
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #19 
Kim

Beautiful fish!

One thing that you really NEED no matter what size the tank is a heater. Bettas are tropical fish and low/unsteady temperatures can kill them although they are hardy so it may take a while. You'll probably notice that he is even more active and will let his fins flow more freely once you get him a heater. You can use a 25 watt adjustable one on anything from 2.5 to 5.5 gallon tanks. I love the visi-therm stealth or deluxe models and because they are so accurate you could probably use one on your 1 gallon until you can upgrade - just keep a close eye on it.

Have fun and good luck with him :)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #20 
Livelifelaughlove

The petsmart is Eugene, 70 miles away but close to petco, has the 10 gallon tanks for like $12- $15. Omg, but i was at walmart, the lid for the tanks? they wanted $20 a piece! without the tank! and and the plain 10 gallon tanks are pretty inexpensive there as well
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta pictures cosmos