Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #1 
Sylverlilly

Stormy and heater questions?

hi all,

stormy has been very comfortable today. his tank was 79-78 all day today. our heat wave broke for a while at least. :) so if tonight gets cooler I have 2 heaters I can plug in but I think they are kind of the same? need opinions? one is marina 10w submersible and the other is the same thing basically but aqueon. ( I did not know what I was doing when shopping apparently) they both say they will heat up to 78. you cant adjust them. if it gets warm again I unplug heater. do you think one of these will be ok or should I go to the store or what? lol I also have to find my extension cord since his light and filter are currently taking up the outlet lol. I can use a regular extension cord, correct? his light is on now I turned it on when I came home and its got his tank at 79 but I don't want his light on all night...
Sylverlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #2 
Myates

Don't need to unplug.. they will heat up to the right temp and then turn themselves off on their own. Extension cord is fine to use.. and either heater - keep an eye on the temp to make sure it works properly.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #3 
Sylverlilly

I forget which one I think I read in the aqueon manual if room temp goes above 78 it is recommended to unplug it. I don't know about he other. But I don't need an adjustable really? Ok I thought there may be a special extension cord or something I wasn't sure.
Sylverlilly is offline   Reply With Quote