Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #11 
Chicklet

The thing I've seen with bigger tanks is alot of people seem to think water changes can become almost none existent. They start off good but end up not changing water for sometimes months.
You can't always believe what people say on here either, one person I know use to say they cleaned their water every week when in fact it had been months since they actually changed the water,,,
and its people like that that gives other a rash of Chit.... when in fact they need to look in the mirror themselves, but I guess maybe they lack one for shattered glass :)
I have been to so many forums and I end up leaving simple because people seem to have the need to criticize anothers ideas and experiences.. So many times you ask 1 question and its taken a mile of base, they need a pelvic exam from you before they will offer any advice, and expect anything you say to be picked to pieces in the worst possible way..... When I start running into that at a forum I pack up and move on (so to speak)
I like to believe everyone tries their best and if given the right guidance will opt to do the best for there fishies envolved........... I know what its like to be critized and yelled at, it doesn't help a person down the right path, if anything it raises hackles so to speak and you loose that persons ear.......
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

No one on this site has ever criticized me. They have made suggestions and let me do what I want with the info.The criticism was one reason I left another forum I used to belong to.I agree that we can lead people down the right path and they can choose to do whatever they want with the info.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:57 AM   #13 
Chicklet

you mentioned getting bigger tanks so you can put heaters in them, My daughter has 6 Betta's and my Son three,
Theirs are kept in their bedrooms thus chillier, Most of them are in one gallon tanks and have heaters, Small submersible ones, gotten at walmart for about $14.00 ... just thought i'd mention that...
Name:  heaters.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  41.9 KB

Last edited by Chicklet; 04-01-2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

They are the non adjustable "mini" ones, aren't they? I have one that a neighbor gave me that came with my 4 gallon but I put a 25 watt adjustable heater in that. But I would like to heat the 1 gallons, too.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #15 
Chicklet

yes it's none adjustable its suppose to be set at 78. been working great in my kids tanks, they haven't had any problems yet.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good. I may try them then. What brand do you use?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #17 
Chicklet

I believe it was a tetra brand,
I don't have the box they came into anymore and theirs no words on the heater itself,
I can double check next time I'm at walmart if you like..
Old 04-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

ok, thanks. I've seen the Hydor mini heaters at Petsmart. And the one given to me is called a Junior. Its flat, though, like a heating pad instead of a long, cylinder like I have in my 4 gallon.