Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #1 
countyrd419

Question 5 ml Test Tubes

Does anyone know where I can buy some 5ml test tubes? The API Freshwater Master Test Kit only has FOUR test tubes but yet you perform five water tests:
ph, high ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Most of the sites that sell test tubes come in packs but I only need one.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

You don't have to do them all at once, you can use one tube for the pH and high pH but you shouldn't have to test your pH all the time. If it shows up on the regular pH then you have no use for the high pH one. All you really need to test is Ammonia after a tank is cycled, even if it's not, ammonia is usually the first to show up and that's when you do a water change.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #3 
countyrd419

Thank you lilnaugrim for your reply. Money is tight for me and I know for everyone else is our community. On another note have you noticed lately that some of the reply postings are getting heated; lets all be aware of those who are still in the beginning stages. Remember you were there once. I know I am still learning some new things too.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Really? I haven't seen many arguements or heated discussions about. Perhaps it's the way things are worded sometimes, not everything people say is meant to be offensive but it's hard to get that across on the internet
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote