Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #1 
FishyFloorzack

Question Sand?

So i went to petsmart and bought some sand for my new 10 gallon tank i will be cycling!!! So excited. ( http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3956163 ) this is the sand i got. I was wondering if this price is too high for a 20 lb bag including a clarifier? I haven't opened it because i was wonder if i should return it if the price is too high. I didn't see the price when i bought it...but hey i found some marimo moss balls!!!! Finally. But if someone is the shed some light on this i would be so grateful!

Also is it easier to add the sand before the tank is filled with water or after?

Last edited by FishyFloorzack; 07-12-2013 at 05:31 PM.
FishyFloorzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

The Super Naturals? That is what I have, it's the best. ^.^ You will have to clean it very well first; make sure there isn't anymore floating debris on the surface. I place it in the tank before I add the water, the sand will be all over the place if you add the water first.

I also got the clarifier, what does it do? I threw it away; it seemed useless to me.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #3 
FishyFloorzack

It clears the water, like when you add the water if the sand spreads out and makes the water cloudy then you use it.
FishyFloorzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #4 
ismintis

I love Super Naturals, Lebron actually helped me decide to buy sand again after I got a new tank. I think the price is reasonable but I haven't used the clarifier either, I just cleaned the sand until the fogginess went away.
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #5 
RussellTheShihTzu

Set a saucer on top of the sand and pour the water on that so the sand isn't disrupted.
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #6 
registereduser

Any time you make a disruption in the tank and disturb the sand, make sure the filter is OFF. If any sand gets in the impeller the motor will burn out and the filter will be ruined.

I speak from experience.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote