Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2013, 10:42 PM   #1 
rubinthebetta

Talking Hermit Crab RP

So, we're a large colony of wild land hermit crabs. And that's about it for the story line. I just want to see what you guys can come up with.
There are is also a position for a leader and one for a second in command. The rank for the non-leader and non-second in command is colony member. Any liners are ranked as loners. I can't find any info on whether hermit crabs actually have leaders, but this is fantasy, after all. So, to join, fill out this form:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

We'll start once 3 users join. Enjoy, everybody!

Last edited by rubinthebetta; 07-13-2013 at 10:45 PM.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #2 
rubinthebetta

Name: Sunclaw
Appearance: reddish purplish with a normally red shell
Personality: kind, fair, and strong
Other:
Old 07-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #3 
Saphira101

Name: Misty
Age (human years): 1
Appearance: silver-blue body, shell has different tons of different shades of blue. (Getting a bit elaborate here, but hey!)
Personality: Caring, loyal, smart.
Other: Nope! :D
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #4 
Saphira101

I'm making another!

Name: Lilly
Appearance: Albino.
Personality: Kind, slightly withdrawn, low self-esteem.
Other: Doesn't think very highly of herself because she is albino.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #5 
rubinthebetta

OK, one more user and the hermit crab colony shall begin!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #6 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Name: Morty
Appearance: Yellow, with organish-red shell
Personality: strong, kind of slow, always rushes into things
Other: Nah...
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #7 
rubinthebetta

Time to start!

~~Sunclaw~~

I'm on a foraging trip for my colony. Food is running low, so I have to search in dangerous places if we are to survive. I find an old chip left by the long ago humans that used to play here. I think this place was called a beach. Humans came and left plenty of food scraps here. But one day, they all left. It is not the away-season yet, so I'm clueless. The away-season is when the humans leave and the weather gets a bit colder. But thankfully, our colony lives in a very warm area. In the here-season and the between-season, we store up food for the away-season. If we run out, there is always more food from the wild. But this year is different. The beach where we live is covered in burning blackness, and the humans are building large huts nearby. All the animals have scattered. I can still remember that day when the humans destroyed our main home. It seemed as if a sudden night had descended on us, and many of our colony were lost that day, under the black. Now, as I think about this, a shadow swoops down on me. It's a stray bird! It pecks at my shell, trying to get the chip. I burrow down in the sand, my heart pounding. When it leaves, I rush towards our temporary camp. Misty sees my battered and hopeless look, I know it. "All I have is one measly chip," I say miserably, "and this just proves that we must move. There is no place for us here."
Old 07-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #8 
Saphira101

~~~Misty~~~
"I agree," I say. "But where should we go? And how should we get there? There are only four of us." Sunclaw shakes her head sadly.
"I don't know." She seems like she needs some time to herself, so I volunteer to look for more food. I ask Morty if he wants to come with, and he shrugs.
"Sure."
"All right then. Let's go!"
Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #9 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Morty~~~
I sigh. Our home used to be beautiful, and now, humans were building their stupid little huts, and leaving their death traps everywhere. I'm not even going to try to count how many of our colony was killed off by their strange cans and materials, not to mention how many of us were lost to the humans destroying our main home. The humans are selfish, power hungry tyrants. I watch as Sunclaw drags herself back to our camp. All she has is one chip. ONE CHIP! I remember when we would bring home dozens.... My stomach growls. I'm tired of the stupid place! We should go somewhere better, somewhere where we can- "All I have is one measly chip, and this just proves that we must move. There is no place for us here," says Sunclaw, talking is a hushed voice to Misty, our second first in command, interupting my thoughts. Misty asks me if I want to come. "Sure." I say, trying to sound casual, when really, I'm bursting with excitement. "All right then. Let's go!" she says cheerfully.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #10 
rubinthebetta

Morty and Misty go out to look for more food. I sigh and aimlessly draw in the sand with my claws. Without thinking, I make a beautiful picture of a land where food is plenty and the dead are there once more. I count names off in my head. Mariel, Moonlight, Fenn, Penny, Zoom, and...Thundershell. I dip my head. Thundershell was my mate in the good times. Then, in the fall of our colony, a new group of crabs showed up. They were tough and "cool". They called themselves the future of us crabs. They offered us to join them. Thundershell joined them, taking Seashine and Breeze, my daughters, with him. He is dead to me now. I sigh and doodle some more.