Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #11 
shroomer

thats a shame :( i love feeding him, its entertaining, especially when i give him bloodworms he loves them so much u can hear him snatching them up from across the room, sounds like a little snap. the test kit i have came with a little card witgh colours and levels they go. 0 .25 .5 1 2 4 8 i was gonna let it get to atleast 2 b4fore a water change, i should do it at .5 tho? or 1 max?
shroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #12 
fishyinpa

No 2. dont let it get over .5! .25 really. Anything over that will hurt your fish. Also dont feel bad about not feeding him,they can live without food for up to two weeks. Its hard i know when they look at you like food??? LOL but dont give in!! Keep checking the levels. If its low,then you are good to go. When is the last time you did a water change? And whats your test say now?
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:48 AM   #13 
shroomer

i just did a water change, but it seems every time i test for some reason it is over .25. i hold the test tube up to the levels sheet and it looks like normaly atleast .5 -1 but if i hold it a little over the coloured blocks, and see which colour gauge is the hardest to see it looks like .25.

also today when i fed him, i saw the food drift towards the filter fairly fast, so i dropped one pellet beside / behind the filter, to see where it went and it barely moved at all i guess this is why he likes to hang out back there. how can i slow the current due to the filter. i would appraciate any links any one has to offer.

i forgot to mention yesterday. there are 2 little circlular rotations on either side of the little water fall from the filter, yesterday a pebble or 2 of food gaught caught in this, yet skye swam up and went to grab it and was succesful but felt the water fall, it was quite funny he booked it soon as he grabbed it like :S WTF!?
shroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #14 
veganchick

looks great! And yep, I do! lol!!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote