Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sounds like you're just about set. When does the science project start?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:32 PM   #22 
veganchick

Soon, either in one week, two weeks, or less likly 3 weeks, my teacher is indecisive. I am just gonna go wit 2 weeks for now.
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:34 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

So you still have some time to gather up more supplies.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:51 PM   #24 
veganchick

yes, thats the plan, and I wanted to ask people if they were interested a bit before it started so I could get an estimate of about how many I could easily place. Its gonna be harder than I thought. Once I find my camera and post pics of the red CT male maybe someone will want him, he is one of the most gorgious bettas I have seen!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:53 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

You'll need bags and boxes to ship them to people.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:25 PM   #26 
Nataku

Yes I took marine science for four years way back when. Kind of convenient when your school is about five miles from the ocean xD I had a simply ridiculous amount of science credits by the time I graduated, as I opted to take science classes for extra-curricular classes (nerd? me? oh yes, I'm afraid so). That was back when they also first offered marine science as an AP course (course you can get college credit for when still in highschool) we were one of the first test groups, tiny class, there were only like... 16 of us? My final project was successfully breeding and raising over fifty seahorses.

Yeah, total topic derailment right there *drags self back on course*

I remember we used to make filters out of soda bottles, but I'll need to draw up a diagram (or see if someone else has one floating around online, honeslty I'm sure my class can't have been the only one to have ever used this method) because trying to explain it in text alone is just annoying and confusing. Tomorrow I will. But they are cheap, and about the only thing of any cost you really need to buy is a pump for said filter.

Pumps... hmm. When we were rigging up several of the tank branches in our classroom we managed to get our hands on several pump that used to be used by our local county water department that they were throwing out as 'junk' because they could no longer run at the high PSI they demanded without the seals leaking (it was something ridiculous like over 200 PSI) but they were still perfect (and didn't leak) at a more normal PSI, and we were able to rig up several different pumps for different tanks off of thsoe. I doubt you'd be able to get ahold of such pumps though, it was a pretty odd event. Eh, that's not really helpful, would probably be cheaper and more efficient to the size of tanks you are working with maybe to just get the pumps from your local store.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:31 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow! No wonder you know so much about fish!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #28 
Livelifelaughlove

I love nataku's typing style...lol, not that i always read all the posts (sorry, i don't like to read much off a comp screen) but i love how she...he(?) Is so informative but also makes me laugh with the little kinda smart questions and comments they throw in there! lol!

I can afford that Vegan. if/when you get pics up, let me know. i would love! a halfmoon/delta, though i doubt there will be any... If there isn't, ill look at the pics and see maybe a vt, since i have 2 ct......
Just let me have a little warning, though i do have a 30 gallon i can set up real quick as a emergancy tank if i can't find one immediatly. Or can buy a TEMPERARY 1 gallon... But i promise they will be in a 2 1/2 gallon or more!

Will there be any females?
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #29 
veganchick

Ok, sounds great! Yep, I'm guessing there will be a few females, and idk about deltas/halfmoon.. but we will see! I don't mind temporary 1g tanks, thats what some of the bettas at my house will be in.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #30 
Livelifelaughlove

Sweet. I found a 10 gallon online for $15, but have to buy a filter. I might put a colored devider up, so I could take 2... I told my mom, she wasn't stoked, but she didn't say no
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote