Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #11 
shannonpwns

Lena, what you went through with Cherryk completely broke my heart, I can feel your pain and I am so sorry for what you are going through! But like everyone has said, you can't blame yourself. It was an accident and Cherryk knows that, I'm sure of it!

When you said that you felt the exact moment when you think Cherryk was passing away, that claustrophobic feeling, I started crying for you and I still am...because I have felt this before myself. I don't want to get into my sad story about losing a pet, it is too painful.

I hope you are feeling better. Let us know!

Also, veggiegirl, I am deeply saddened to hear about Peggy! I've never owned a pet bird, but we have some wild Black Phoebes who nest above our garage door every single year, and are ALWAYS in our yard & pond, so they feel just like pets to us...and I would be devastated to ever see anything happen to them! We have a lot of falcons and hawks around here too, I never even thought that they might prey on other birds. :( Ill be worried about "my" birds so much more now!
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #12 
sassyfriend

I have my own share of betta tradies. I just lost Ollie this sunday and i'm so heartbroken I too find it hard not to blame myself for what happened.
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #13 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonpwns View Post
Lena, what you went through with Cherryk completely broke my heart, I can feel your pain and I am so sorry for what you are going through! But like everyone has said, you can't blame yourself. It was an accident and Cherryk knows that, I'm sure of it!

When you said that you felt the exact moment when you think Cherryk was passing away, that claustrophobic feeling, I started crying for you and I still am...because I have felt this before myself. I don't want to get into my sad story about losing a pet, it is too painful.

I hope you are feeling better. Let us know!

Also, veggiegirl, I am deeply saddened to hear about Peggy! I've never owned a pet bird, but we have some wild Black Phoebes who nest above our garage door every single year, and are ALWAYS in our yard & pond, so they feel just like pets to us...and I would be devastated to ever see anything happen to them! We have a lot of falcons and hawks around here too, I never even thought that they might prey on other birds. :( Ill be worried about "my" birds so much more now!
Thank you very much shannonpwns for your kindness and compassion. I am sorry you also had the same hard moments.
I used to pray before sleep to thank God that my fishes were still alive and I just asked for them a little bit longer life to enjoy good water and tasty food. I felt very protected and when this accident hapened I felt very devasted. I was asking "Why?" Prabably I will never understand the phisics of accidents.
It is so nice of you guys to support me in this hard moment. I do not know what I would without it. I feel much better today. At least I do not cry costantly.
Also some nice thing I found that helps me is this website http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=PetsP
It is possible to light a candle for passed away pet there. I lighted a candle for Cherryk.
You can also shannonpwns light a candle for someone you lost.
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #14 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfriend View Post
I have my own share of betta tradies. I just lost Ollie this sunday and i'm so heartbroken I too find it hard not to blame myself for what happened.
Thank you sassyfriend for writing, I am sorry Ollie also left this world. You know, I found the website where you can light a candle for your pet, totally for free. http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=PetsP
I think it helps a lot. You should try it too by lighting a candle for Ollie. Hugs.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #15 
sassyfriend

Thank you, my friend.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #16 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namialus View Post
I had a betta three years ago. He was called Diablo and I loved him so much. He was so energetic and full of life and I just loved him. Winter came and I did not have a heater for him. I bought him one, and made so many mistakes with acclimating it that for his last week it was just spent with him lying on the gravel gasping for life. It hurt me so much knowing that I could not help. He passed away and I buried him.

We all make mistakes. We just have to learn from them. May all our fishy friends SIP.
Thank you Namialus for sharing your story. Diablo and Cherryk would be great friends, as Cherryk was so active that would stop swimming only when he was really ill. He also became very wise lately as he was not flaring at other fishes anymore. It was nice of you to bury Diablo, I am also going to bury Cherryk in some place that I could always visit him. He was my baby...
I found website were it is possible to light a candle for Diablo if you want.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=PetsP
Old 07-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #17 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxxXnoodleXxxX View Post
<3 Don't mention it. I've had my share of fishy heartbreak, so if you ever need someone to talk to about it, just PM me. :) I'm always floating about.
Thank you!!!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #18 
shannonpwns

Thank you, I lit a candle for Cherryk also!
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #19 
sassyfriend

I lit a candle for my fishies as well
Old 07-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #20 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonpwns View Post
Thank you, I lit a candle for Cherryk also!
Thank you very much!
I lit a candle for bird Peggy.