Betta Fish Forum banner

Please let me know if this is a good setup

790 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Livelifelaughlove 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have a tank that I originally got for a gold fish, but it turns out it is too small, and according to my research it would be good for a betta!

I just wanted to check with some knowledgeable people before I go get one.

Here is my setup:

• 3 gallon acrylic tank
  • 2 fake plants
  • 1 fake rock
  • gravel
  • air-powered undergravel filter
  • hood with light
  • I am planning on getting a small heater when i get the betta (should i get it before?)
It has been running for 2 weeks now, and in the time I have done 5 water changes, but despite my best efforts 2 goldfish have died in it and it is now empty :(. The last goldfish died this morning and I did a 50% water change afterwards.

Thanks for your help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello and welcome to FishForum. Your tank may not be fully cycled and that may be why you lost the goldfish. It would be a good idea to get a test kit to monitor the water parameters if you don't already have one. The API master test kit is the one that is usually reccommended. It sounds like you have pretty much what you need. If the plants are plastic, make sure that they don't have sharp edges, as bettas' fins are delicate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.