Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #11 
Bailmint

I have the same tank :D
Bailmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #12 
JamieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juditko View Post
Love the tank. Careful on the silk plants. I bought those too and discovered they had wire in them that rusts (toxic). I caught it in time to take mine back. The wire was in the stems near the bases and showed underneath at the hole on the bottom. Check yours just in case it happens to be the same before its a problem or too late to return. Sorry about that. Really do like your tank--
I checked them, I can't really tell. I see plastic underneath, possibly wire covered with plastic, but I think it's ok. I hope so, I caught him sleeping on the tall one last night, laying on the leaf right where it touches the surface. I'll check on them periodically for rust though, thanks for the heads up.
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #13 
Elsewhere

I have the exact same tank! And I also got the same filter- the intake was so strong my Betta kept getting stuck and his fins ripped :/ I eventually had to take it out, even with a sponge in front and plants all around it he managed to get stuck to either the sponge or filter itself. But I've heard great things about it, and it might have just been my fish! Hopefully yours is just fine, I'd just keep my eye out for it!

I love the decorating, by the way! That skull is really cool!

EDIT** I also noticed you have a Betta hammock in there- I've heard horror stories about there being metal wiring in them, so I'd watch out for that too!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #14 
FirstBetta

Nice tank.
FirstBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #15 
JamieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsewhere View Post
I have the exact same tank! And I also got the same filter- the intake was so strong my Betta kept getting stuck and his fins ripped :/ I eventually had to take it out, even with a sponge in front and plants all around it he managed to get stuck to either the sponge or filter itself. But I've heard great things about it, and it might have just been my fish! Hopefully yours is just fine, I'd just keep my eye out for it!

I love the decorating, by the way! That skull is really cool!

EDIT** I also noticed you have a Betta hammock in there- I've heard horror stories about there being metal wiring in them, so I'd watch out for that too!
Really? My guy hasn't had an issue with the filter so far. I've heard that about the hammock, but they must have changed the design, mine is definitely all plastic. :)

I couldn't find any more plants I liked so I added more of the same. Eventually I want to get a second moss ball. The jaguar skull is from petsmart, he swims in and out of the mouth nose and eyes, it's creepy :P the other day something spooked him and he darted down and hid inside, so I'm glad he has a place he knows he can hide
Attached Images

JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #16 
Elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieL View Post
Really? My guy hasn't had an issue with the filter so far.
Ah, my boy does have a heavy tail, so that might've been the problem ^.^ Glad everything's going well!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #17 
Freyja
Banned

Ok the fact that your daughter is wearing pirate/skull pjs is awesome. Kuddos as a parent!
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote