Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #1 
carlos puron

Indian almond leaves how do they work

He y'all well I've benn having problems with one of my bettas He's been biting his fins I saw on one of the forums that the IAL can help him but I have some questions i saw at ebay that they have grade a b c a+ and stuff like that do they have the same function or what could be the difference ? how do I use them in my 5 gallon tank please if someone can help m e with that thanks for reading
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

IAL gives off beneficial properties when set in the water. The properties boost the fish's immune response and makes his tissue a little more sturdy. They will also taint the water light to dark brown based on how many leaves you put in. It's usually 1 leaf per gallon, I recall.

The grades the leaves are grouped in are just their appearance, A leaves are full; with no holes. C leaves tend to have some rips and holes. But nonetheless, they do the same job.

Since he's biting, I only suggest you do clean water. Because if you try to treat him, he'll just keep on biting..
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #3 
carlos puron

I thought that would keep him calm since he's kind of hyper
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #4 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
IAL gives off beneficial properties when set in the water. The properties boost the fish's immune response and makes his tissue a little more sturdy. They will also taint the water light to dark brown based on how many leaves you put in. It's usually 1 leaf per gallon, I recall.

The grades the leaves are grouped in are just their appearance, A leaves are full; with no holes. C leaves tend to have some rips and holes. But nonetheless, they do the same job.

Since he's biting, I only suggest you do clean water. Because if you try to treat him, he'll just keep on biting..
It's 1"-1.5" per g. I use C+ grade. They are still solid leaves. There are some people on here who prefer the tea bags. I was debating trying those in the future.

I have combined IAL and Stress Coat for my biters with a lot of success. Even my worst biters have recovered well.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote