Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #1 
shroomer

Black Ghost knife fish

hey i went back to my lfs and got the name of the fish i wanted to put in with my betta its called a black ghost knife. i decided i would look them up when i got home and no longer think i can get one which is a shame because they are so unique. they can grow up to 60 centimeters so u need like a 75 gallon tank. they also eat blood worms so i think the betta might steal his food. does any one have a BGK?
shroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #2 
Mikaila31

Location: ap yap ruff woof woof. Bark, ba-bark bark woof bark yap yap yap. ... ruff woof woof. Bark, ba-bark b
BGK get very large and need a very large tank, as you said. I would not be concerned with the betta stealing its food, however I would be very concerned about the BGK eventually eating the betta.
Mikaila31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #3 
shroomer

ya i dont think i can get one cause i dont have a tank that big and i dont see the point in having a tank that big for one fish. whats the fish in ur avitar? it looks cool can it go in with a betta?
shroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #4 
Mikaila31

Location: ap yap ruff woof woof. Bark, ba-bark bark woof bark yap yap yap. ... ruff woof woof. Bark, ba-bark b
Its a gertrudae rainbow. I'm not sure how it would do with a betta, but they behave similar to zebra danios. They are harder to find than the larger rainbows. Also need a tank of preferably 10 gallons.
Mikaila31 is offline   Reply With Quote