Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #1 
tngirl92

Red face Meet Pippa: My Tiny New Girl

Sorry the pictures are such poor quality. I was looking at betta's at Petsmart a few days ago, and Dwarden3 and I decided to rescue a very sick fish and try to save her. Unfortunately, she didn't make it. SIP Blessing. However, that left us with the opportunity to get another female. I had fallen in love with this little girl while looking, but taken the sick fish because I felt she needed me more. Well, now I have this little girl and she looks quite healthy. I did not choose the name Pippa, Pippa chose her. I joked that we should name her Kate in honor of the royal couple and their new baby, but I typically name my fish P's, and she looks like a Pippa, don't you think?

She is a tiny crowntail with an extremely pale pink, almost white, body and brownish-red fins. I hope her color will become more vibrant over time. She is my only girl right now, and is currently quarantined in a gallon tupperware container (the lengths I will go to to get more fish) until I move my boys around and either give her half of a divided 10 gallon or a 2.5 gallon all to herself.

She is so little though! Next to my two big boys, she looks tiny, about eight of her could fit in Parli's body! I think she must be extremely, extremely young, nearly a baby. I am excited to see how her colors come in as she gets older!

Welcome to the family, Pippa!
Attached Images

tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #2 
Dwarden3

She is so cute! and I think the name pippa is perfect.
Dwarden3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #3 
tngirl92

Thanks! She looks borderline ridiculous floating in the big ten gallon next to Penfield, though. xD He's really, really big next to her. I just can't get over how small she is.

She was not interested in my pellets, but she did go for a bloodworm so at least she eats. She is exploring her temporary home (which she still seems teensy in) and is really curious about the red root floaters you gave me. I put one in her container and she really likes it.
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote