Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #1 
TheTrojanBetta

Scared the crap out of me

So earlier today I stuck my fingertips into the water to fish out a tiny piece of water wisteria leaf that broke off, when Odysseus swims over. How cute, I thought, he's coming to investigate what I'm doing. I recognized the look on his face a half a second too late- the one he gets when I pull out his food- and he lunged forward and nipped at my finger! It didn't hurt but it scared me so bad, I almost knocked the lid off the tank. I didn't even know he had teeth! Funny to think, just a few days ago I was worried that he wasn't eating, then I switch to flakes two days ago and now every time I come in the room you would think he were starving, what with the way he begs!
I now see what people mean when they say their betta fish eat like pigs. Such big personalities contained inside such little fish!
TheTrojanBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #2 
colouratura

Wow. That definitely would have been quite the surprise to get the nip.
I'm with you on the flakes. My betta went crazy after he started getting those. He even refuses to eat brine shrimp and prefers his flakes.
colouratura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #3 
sassyfriend

Haven't had any bite me so far just lucky I guess
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #4 
shannonpwns

I think I almost got bit today too! I was doing a partial water change on my females tank and reached in to move a fake plant, and I saw my girl eyeing me funny and slowly stalking towards me....being the wimp I am...I yanked my hand out and felt like my heart was gonna beat out of my chest LOL. What a rush.... Sheesh.
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #5 
TheTrojanBetta

I don't know what it is about the flakes, he ignored the pellets completely after several failed attempts at eating them but sucks flakes right down! That's totally what they're doing, stalking us.
Should've named him Jaws.
TheTrojanBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #6 
GinjaHaZ

That would have scared the mess out of me too, but I guess I'm just lucky enough that Lucifer hasn't bitten me yet. He seems to know the difference between my big ol' finger and his food so far.
GinjaHaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #7 
jesssan2442

My betta, Mason, has a HUGE mouth let's just say I've learned this from a few past...experiences...
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #8 
plasticspaceman

My boy chip bit me today, too. Scared the begeezits out of me. He's a feisty little bugger.
plasticspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #9 
quietlythundering

I had one experience where I was trying to fish Ray Charles out with a cup (it was tank cleaning day) and I finally had him cornered, when he turns towards my finger, NIPS IT, and then swims in like a perfect little gentleman. Did I mention that he's blind? XD Sometimes they just know!
Oh, and another time I went to feed Neil, who was NOT happy that I chose to feed him last. He showed his displeasure my jumping up and nipping my finger, and then grumpily ignoring his dinner (well, until I turned away!)

Last edited by quietlythundering; 07-20-2013 at 06:39 PM.
quietlythundering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #10 
Lotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietlythundering View Post
I had one experience where I was trying to fish Ray Charles out with a cup (it was tank cleaning day) and I finally had him cornered, when he turns towards my finger, NIPS IT, and then swims in like a perfect little gentleman. Did I mention that he's blind? XD Sometimes they just know!
Oh, and another time I went to feed Neil, who was NOT happy that I chose to feed him last. He showed his displeasure my jumping up and nipping my finger, and then grumpily ignoring his dinner (well, until I turned away!)
Such personalities xD~
Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote