Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #1 
Nataku

Talking Ignorance must be bliss

Went to Pet co. today to get a new bottle of Aquarisol as my father was apparently looking for eyedrops yesterday whilst I was away, and took my bottle of aquarisol instead (I have to wonder what else he thinks some of my fish meds that are in my room which are nowhere near the medicine cabinet (for humans) in the bathroom are for). Which, thankfully, he did not use in his eyes, instead he just threw out the bottle. *face palm*

Couldn't help but look at the bettas as I was there... they had a new shipment in. Whichever breeder they got most of this batch from is apparently trying to breed purple dalmations.... but that aside, I found a gorgeous red DTCT (Double tail crowntail) male sitting amongst the cups. And the best part about it all? He was labeled as a VT. I couldn't resist, he was so pretty. I took him on up to the check out counter, figuring for sure they weren't going to ring him up as a VT even though that was the cup he was in, since he was so obviously NOT anything close to a veil tail (at my local pet co. VTs cost $4 and CTs are $8) ... but nope. Scanned in the barcode on the side of the cup, didn't even give the fish a look, and charged me for a VT. Ah, I love ignorant pet store employees.

....maybe in a couple days I'l go back and see if the dozen VTs that are sitting CT cups (including the VT males in CT female cups) have been properly relabeled yet, or if I should enlighten them on the differences, since obviously they have no idea what the tail types (or genders) are.

Chillin' in his cup while he's being floated in his quarantine tank to acclimate to the temp.

Cleanest shot of him I could get once he was released into the tank. He's fascinated swimming end to end in the tank. Goes a few inches, stops, seems to realize he's not up against the cup wall, swims a few more inches, stops, etc.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #2 
Chicklet

he's beautiful!
Sure wish I could fall onto something like that here,
I look every time but no go :(

Quote:
I love ignorant pet store employees
ain't they great tho,
I bought a bunch of fish the other day, They put stickers on a paper then print in the amount of fish to the side of the sticker, The employee didn't look at the numbers beside the stickers, so I only paid for 1 fish of each kind, Wish I had gotten more fish now :)
Gotta love them employees at those times.....

I know I shoulda probably said something and I usually do, But for some reason I wasn't in the mood,
Oh well I figure of all the dead fish I got and never returned kinda paid for it anyways..

Sounds like your room needs to be off limits to your dad for his own good,,
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Beautiful betta!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #4 
Nataku

I've gone in and found enough dead bettas floating in cups at this store that I don't feel bad at all for their mistakes in pricing (especially considering I can buy CTs at plenty of other stores for only 3 bucks). If they are going to be so ignorant in all things betta (and their other fish too, which are usually also ich and fin-rot ridden) then they deserve any loss of profit they incur from their own ignorance.

Yeah, my dad knows I keep plenty of spare medical supplies in my room, but they are on the opposite side of the room from my tanks, in a cabinet on their own. The plastic bin that sits next to the tanks that also has fish food in it might, just maybe, you know, not carry human medicine. xD I guess I need to go over what and where stuff is kept in the house again.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Maybe you could label it. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #6 
splendenfighter38

is he an orange cream?
splendenfighter38 is offline   Reply With Quote