Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #71 
ZombieKeepr

Please. If you had "quite an immense experience with fish" then obviously you'd know that one size doesn't fit all and you wouldn't say crap like "I don't believe a lick of that." or maybe you'd just be smart enough to shove your foot in your mouth. :)

I'm betting I have more experience then you but that doesn't mean I value your opinion any less or other people who have bettas successfully in bigger tanks for years, because honestly, I *LIKE* bigger tanks, bettas typically don't[they're not bred to be strong, just sell.] I just don't care for people who wanna treat others who simply state their own opinions like crap. And atleast if you can dish it out, you can take it back.
ZombieKeepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #72 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I have quite an immense experience among bettas and other fish. I didn't state my opinion was a fact and neither is the statement that I disagreed with. Just because it works/or happens with you, doesn't make it a fact. I don't support it because I haven't had any issues. And there's nothing wrong with me not supporting the opinion.
With all do respect, I believe that your statement applies to yourself as well. Just because something works for me and not for someone else doesn't make my fish or experience an "oddity". Also, everyone has a right to their own opinion and they don't have to believe in what anyone else says.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #73 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieKeepr View Post
Please. If you had "quite an immense experience with fish" then obviously you'd know that one size doesn't fit all and you wouldn't say crap like "I don't believe a lick of that." or maybe you'd just be smart enough to shove your foot in your mouth. :)

I didn't say 1 size fits all. Jesus, go learn to READ.

I simply stated I didn't support the opinion because of my experiences. It didn't make my opinion a fact, nor does it make yours a fact. Now get over it! Just because I don't agree with your opinions doesn't mean I am wrong nor does it mean that you're right.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #74 
Kiara1125

Quote:
I didn't say 1 size fits all. Jesus, go learn to READ.

I simply stated I didn't support the opinion because of my experiences. It didn't make my opinion a fact, nor does it make yours a fact. Now get over it! Just because I don't agree with your opinions doesn't mean I am wrong nor does it mean that you're right.
No one is saying that anyone is right or wrong, just stating opinions. Also, I suggest you learn to read. He didn't say that you said "one size fits all". He's saying that, as an experience aquarist, you should know that one size doesn't fit all. He never stated that you said it, just that you should be experienced enough to know. But, who knows? Someone who had "years of experience" didn't know what 0, 0, 10ppm meant. Shouldn't it come naturally (like a second language) that it means 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and 10 nitrates? But, like I said, you never know.

Also, I think Kenny was reading this, not Jesus. :)
Old 07-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #75 
FishyFishy89

It's the same freaking thing! Just agree to disagree and leave it. Continue it and I will report the conversation because clearly it's not doing any good.

I'm sorry you don't believe animals cannot adjust to new environments when correctly introduced.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #76 
Saber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieKeepr View Post

I'm betting I have more experience then you but that doesn't mean I value your opinion any less or other people who have bettas successfully in bigger tanks for years, because honestly, I *LIKE* bigger tanks, bettas typically don't[they're not bred to be strong, just sell.] I just don't care for people who wanna treat others who simply state their own opinions like crap. And atleast if you can dish it out, you can take it back.

No offense, but your response was a little bit over-the-top rude. Can we not agree to disagree without the inflammatory language?
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #77 
Kiara1125

Oh, I'm not saying that. He uses the same methods I do, so I would know. It all depends on the fish and it seems that you've had more luck with healthier bettas. We rescue bettas (although he has bought a few AB ones) that are usually very stressed. What would you rather have? A healthy, happy betta in a small tank, or a sickly, stressed betta in a large pretty tank? I would prefer to see my fish happy, not suffer in an environment that they hate.

Note: I'm not saying that it's a fact that bettas don't like large spaces. I'm also not saying that they suffer if they are in a large space. I'm just saying that, combined, we've had countless bettas and it seems that they prefer smaller spaces.

Also, I will take your note into consideration and I shall not post anymore on the subject. At least were staying on topic. It's just a friendly debate with constructive criticism. :)
Old 07-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #78 
Stone

for those that can use the gravel vac water filler because it does not work on sink, sometimes you can take the fill spout off of your bathtub and get an adapter, that what I do, and to fill my tanks I bought a cheap fountian pump from lowes, i fill up a big rubbermaid tub that i set on the bathroom vanity/cabinet thing from the bath tub, water condition it then use that pump and some of that clear tubing you can buy from lowes as well and fill the tanks that way, just make sure the pumps lift is high enough mine has a 5 foot lift it was like 20 dollars works like a charm
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #79 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
for those that can use the gravel vac water filler because it does not work on sink, sometimes you can take the fill spout off of your bathtub and get an adapter, that what I do, and to fill my tanks I bought a cheap fountian pump from lowes, i fill up a big rubbermaid tub that i set on the bathroom vanity/cabinet thing from the bath tub, water condition it then use that pump and some of that clear tubing you can buy from lowes as well and fill the tanks that way, just make sure the pumps lift is high enough mine has a 5 foot lift it was like 20 dollars works like a charm
Exactly what I do
Helps immensely with my 75 gallon
Old 07-20-2013, 05:28 AM   #80 
Stone

Quote:
Exactly what I do
Helps immensely with my 75 gallon
yep works like a charm on the 46 and 29, i would hate to lug buckets for when I decide to do big water changes on them which I do from time to time
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank size